• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

Got mine about a week ago. I think it presents much better than a 1.8, which was a big reason to why I bought it...

6841578406_f88aab17e7_b.jpg

Am I grandfathered into this club after having posted my copy in the Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread? hm(shrug)

I'm thinking grandfathered in. Do some copy and paste action--and get it in here. :sumo:

:popcorn:

I hope to be posting my 1.0 soon...so if anyone's got me beat with a 0.5, post away. :laugh: (I know that ain't you, fantastic_four, yours is probably in the 8.0 or higher range :whistle:).

Edited by cloudofwit

Am I grandfathered into this club after having posted my copy in the Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread? hm(shrug)

I'm thinking grandfathered in. Do some copy and paste action--and get it in here. :sumo:

I don't like being the highest or lowest grade in a thread, so I post this in hopes that someone like Ghost Town will come in here and post his to blow mine out of the water. :wishluck:

Spidey1.jpg

I don't like being the highest or lowest grade in a thread, so I post this in hopes that someone like Ghost Town will come in here and post his to blow mine out of the water. :wishluck:

Spidey1.jpg

Wow, I need to win the lottery and get me one of these.

I've blabbed about this before here on the boards (and through an occasional PM)--but not with the accompanying pic. :whee:

This was my first CGC submission back in 2005. I bought the book at the Atlanta Comic Book & Fantasy Fair in the summer of 1981--as a 14-year-old. The folks at the Great Escape table (Nashville, TN) sold it to me for 37.50...asking price was 50.00...and although it was my lawn-mowing money, my mom managed to haggle the guy down. :blush:

So, last summer marked 30 years of possessing this well-loved book. I cannot see selling it. Ever. :preach:

ASM1.jpg

Edited by cloudofwit

I've blabbed about this before here on the boards (and through an occasional PM)--but not with the accompanying pic. :whee:

This was my first CGC submission back in 2005. I bought the book at the Atlanta Comic Book & Fantasy Fair in the summer of 1981--as a 14-year-old. The folks at the Great Escape table (Nashville, TN) sold it to me for 37.50...asking price was 50.00...and although it was my lawn-mowing money, my mom managed to haggle the guy down. :blush:

So, last summer marked 30 years of possessing this well-loved book. I cannot see selling it. Ever. :preach:

Wow, cool story! That's quite an appreciation on that book for you, from $37.50 up to $1100-$1500...around 15% increase per year for 30+ years. Anyone would be hard pressed to beat that much of an annual gain on investment, nice job. (thumbs u

Spidey1.jpg

Great looking copy, FF! ASM1 was the first Marvel key that I bought back in the late 70's.