• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

I take it you don't need any of the new DC stuff I found... just trying to help

I'm very grateful and appreciative that you tired to help. It was wonderful of you. But I do already have all the DCs you pictured, as I said above, but please please don't be discouraged and please keep trying

We were posting at the same time... that reply was not there when I checked the thread.

No probs... sorry there was nothing you needed.

We were posting at the same time... that reply was not there when I checked the thread.

No probs... sorry there was nothing you needed.

Please don't be discouraged from trying, or from looking, though.

Hi Ian,

I know this has probably been asked before... but do you scan each comic (the older ones or the rare ones at least) and have them in some sort of digital format for the future?

Hi Ian,

I know this has probably been asked before... but do you scan each comic (the older ones or the rare ones at least) and have them in some sort of digital format for the future?

No but I did scan loads of the Doctor Fates from More Fun for Scott Nybakken, for the DC Archive Collection.

Love the picture of your comic room. I could just imagine rummaging through there as a kid! Pure heaven.

No-one rummages through there.

It's meticulously neat.

:(

I would shoot anyone who went near it, if it was me that had spent that amount of time, effort, and cash into it... in a heart beat!

My hero, my friend, and the nicest comic collector I have ever had the pleasure and the privilege to meet.

One of THE good guys. And he would do anything to help a friend or fellow collector, anything, selflessly.

:applause:

Ian - Great collection...obviously.

What do you do about direct editions and newstand editions? Do you only collect one, both, or mixed?

Also, do you have all of the DC Burger King mini-comics? I thought about you when my daughter brought one home in a kids meal.

I'm only interested in one.

I only collect variant covers when the artwork is clearly different, apart from giveaway editions. The same applies to "pence" versions too. I think collecting both the direct editions and the newsstand ones becomes a bit anal.

I believe I have all the Burger King giveaways and minis unless you know of some I have missed.

Wow !!.......what else is there to say.......(yea, even though this happened almost 4 years ago) .....Wow!!

You say that, but I'm still searching for some of the rarer promos, although yes I do have every DC comic ever released for sale right up to date.

what's the centipede book? I thought there was only one rare swordquest book

It's a rare mini-comic made by DC in the 1980s to go with an Atari game called Centipede.

I was tickled to find this today--the last thing I was looking for.( I didn't want to de-reail your thread, Ian, but this seemed like the best place for it).

Just how rare do you think the Atari promos are? You should create a subjective rarity index for all of the DC promos, since you're one of a handful of people with experience looking for these.

66695.jpg.1ce113b98bfdc20cf3bf3b22a32a6cf8.jpg