• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

Tough call Vern. Steve sold it to me as a 3.0. Initially I disagreed (when I first saw the scan of the book with the pieces on the spine missing) but then he brought it to Chicago and when I saw it in hand I thought "man this book is too nice to be a 2.5 from all the rough 2.5's I've seen". Without the pieces missing it'd probaly be in the 7.0/7.5 range.

I'm going to stick with the 3.0 grade for now. Who knows what CGC will grade it? 2.5/3.0/3.5?

All my personal copies are unlsabbed so it'll stay that way until it's time to sell.

I may rescan it and get some opinions in the grading forum a bit later on.

It's really a gorgeous book in hand though.

:cloud9:

R.

hard for me to believe it's not VG-. very pretty roy.

This just in from the CGC.

A trio of sweet mid grades:

AW1.jpg

Cap7.jpg

MMC13.jpg

The AW #1 is cool, but that Cap is probably my favorite Cap cover of all time. So graceful!

The MMC #13 is my next planned MMC acquisition. I just love early Schomburg...especially when he used green in the cover. Very nice!

R.

Thanks for all the nice complements. I spent about 6 months collecting these and was happy with the grades they got. As ciorac said "Mid grades rock :headbang: " and are still in my price range.

The AW #1 is cool, but that Cap is probably my favorite Cap cover of all time.

Unfortunately my scanner cuts off the bottom of the comic and you miss the full bondage scene. Anyone have suggestions on good large bed scanners?