• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Invincible has been my favorite ongoing title for a couple of years now...At times I was worried about the book, but after reading today's issue....wow....seriously, wow

#52 is the best Invincible issue I've read since #29...which was the end of my favorite arc (25-29/30)..it really reminded me of why I love this title so much...

I finally feel like the book is back on track...this is definitely the beginning of a really strong story arc (ie 7-13)...

Other Invincible fans, please chime in....if you're not an Invincible fan, it's a great jumping on point.

Go pick it up :)

Invincible has been my favorite ongoing title for a couple of years now...At times I was worried about the book, but after reading today's issue....wow....seriously, wow

#52 is the best Invincible issue I've read since #29...which was the end of my favorite arc (25-29/30)..it really reminded me of why I love this title so much...

I finally feel like the book is back on track...this is definitely the beginning of a really strong story arc (ie 7-13)...

I'm an Invincible fan as well, and I had similar thoughts about the book. I loved some of the earlier story arcs (such as 1-13, 19, 25-30, etc) but I haven't been as thrilled with some of the stories in the 40-50 range. I haven't picked up 52 yet, so I'm happy to hear some good buzz about it. (thumbs u

I thought Oliver was just gung-ho about being a superhero, but now I think the little bugger's got a major attitude problem. He went from likable to despicable over the course of a few pages.

Great last page, Mark's confession is as notable as Nolan's a few issues back about missing his wife on earth. Nothing is ever quite as it seems with this title.

I thought Oliver was just gung-ho about being a superhero, but now I think the little bugger's got a major attitude problem. He went from likable to despicable over the course of a few pages.

Great last page, Mark's confession is as notable as Nolan's a few issues back about missing his wife on earth. Nothing is ever quite as it seems with this title.

Oliver has now become my FAVORITE character in this book because of those few pages :) The upcoming struggle when Nolan escapes from prison and returns to earth (you KNOW that's going down) is going to be spectacular...

Oliver's viltrumite-like attitude was an awesome, unexpected twist...

Seriously great issue :)

What I find interesting about the latest arc is how the covers have been completely misleading. The darker colors of Mark's new costume combined with the completely misleading cover to #50 had given me the impression that we were going to see a darker side of Mark, yet here things seem to be going swimmingly for him --- he's dating Eve and he's completely independant from the government... 52 for instance, made me think that Oliver was rebelling against Mark's new "bad attitude" when... well it's kind of the other way around...

What I find interesting about the latest arc is how the covers have been completely misleading. The darker colors of Mark's new costume combined with the completely misleading cover to #50 had given me the impression that we were going to see a darker side of Mark, yet here things seem to be going swimmingly for him --- he's dating Eve and he's completely independant from the government... 52 for instance, made me think that Oliver was rebelling against Mark's new "bad attitude" when... well it's kind of the other way around...

the cover for #50 was definitely misleading....I was actually upset when we didn't see cecil get beat up...i really wanted to see that for some reason..

I thought the cover for #52 was just going to be about Oliver and Mark training, and Oliver besting Mark or something...i certainly didn't expect what happened.

The groundwork for some huge father-brother-brother fight is being laid down...and I don't know who's going to side with who...or even this threesome against a few viltrumite invaders...the possibilities seem endless with this book again...

anyone score the second printing of #51 today? all of the copies I saw arrived in pretty poor condition :(

hey Kev the mev....would you mind showing your cover again ? pretty please :)

I got 2 nm-nm+ copies today in one of my LCS they received only three copies, the other nearby

comicshop received none. I thought the release will be on October 3rd.

anyone score the second printing of #51 today? all of the copies I saw arrived in pretty poor condition :(

hey Kev the mev....would you mind showing your cover again ? pretty please :)

I got 2 nm-nm+ copies today in one of my LCS they received only three copies, the other nearby

comicshop received none. I thought the release will be on October 3rd.

hey zining...where are the channel islands?