• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to Theo Holstein?
1 1

173 posts in this topic

I remember that ad! 1976 Overstreet, right? I always wondered what was the deal with that strongman getup he was wearing in that photo.

Isn't Theo Holstein the guy who sold the Action #1 to Mitchell Mehdy in 1974?

:bump:

I remember that ad! 1976 Overstreet, right? I always wondered what was the deal with that strongman getup he was wearing in that photo.

Isn't Theo Holstein the guy who sold the Action #1 to Mitchell Mehdy in 1974?

MANNUP :bump:

Theo is alive and well, is buying illustration and pulp paintings for his personal collection.

Dwight

And still trying to sell the Superman #1 Larson with no back cover for $100,000?

Theo is alive and well, is buying illustration and pulp paintings for his personal collection.

Dwight

And still trying to sell the Superman #1 Larson with no back cover for $100,000?

presumably ;)

I guess when someone ownes something he can ask what he wants, he is very eccentric, but was very polite when I talked

I do know that he has bought recently bought some nice pulp paintings, has Barks oils, and Elvgren original paintings.

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Dwight

presumably ;)

:bump:

Did this Larson copy of Sups #1 ever sell?

I wonder why Theo would sell Supes #1 when according to his article, it's the comic book equivalent of the Hognus Wagner card, the ultimate, ultimate comic book, and the most undervalued comic book in existence.