• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

So I wake up this morning to some awesome personal sketches by alecholland.

I see these great contributions from time to time, and always felt there should be a permanent ongoing thread for this type of work. So hopefully budding artists, pros, and amateurs alike can put up some of their goodness here.

Here's something I slapped together a while back (had to join together parts, since scanner was too small).

2mcafr5.jpg

Posted this in the thread I started as well, but since you asked, here's a Hellboy sketch I just did. I don't want to make anyone mad, so I won't post the same images in both threads from here on out.

hellboysketch.jpg

I too hadn't drawn for years and have come back to it, and comic books in the past year or so. Here are a pair of Dave Stevens covers that I really like and took a stab copying.

Myart002.jpg[/img]

Myart003.jpg[/img]

I've also been trying my hand at inking.

Here's a Dr Strange page, I think from 169, I used a Marvel Essentials as my reference,

this one I did a pencil sketch first then inked it:

Myart004.jpg[/img]

and a Jim Starlin savage sword of Conan, this one I copied free hand with a brush and bother with the panels:

Myart005.jpg[/img]

Great idea for a thread.

I did a Spider-Man painting once that i gave to my son. I haven't seen it in years.

These are not comic related so i hope they are all right.

So, I pulled these out of a closet. I haven't look at them in a least a decade. The frames are filthy ( have to replace them and hang them up soon ) and there are some stains on the one in the sky.

These are the only ones i have left. I used to paint when I was in my late teens and early twentys. But i gave most of them away.

My mother was very talented and i used to paint with her and late at night by myself. I kept these paintings because i didn't like the mountain scene and couldn't give it to anyone, because i wasn't happy with how it turned out.

The other one i kept because it had a fond memory attached. I'm color blind and should have labeled the colors on the pallet but i was up late painting. In fact all night. My father came in and look at it for a while them said. " Nice,... green deer. I wouldn't have gone that way, but you're the artist.

So i had to repaint them.

I painted my first wifes wedding portrait as a first anniversary present and haven't picked up a paint brush since. that was in 1981. Maybe when i retire someday.

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Edited by tofer118