• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,190 posts in this topic

I wound up returning my copy of JiF #12 due to a large spine split! :(

Didn't want to cause any more damage to the book so I didn't open to read.

Mind posting the story? :shy::wishluck::foryou:

what a kick in the pants, I'm sorry to hear it! I'll try to post that one & the story from beware #6, but I am tight on time right now, so it may be a while until I can.

next is one of my favorite horror comics. From the EC swipe Cover, to the SOTI Illo'd story to the MESSED UP "Thing from Beyond" by Myron Fass. This book never seems to go cheap so I guess others enjoy it as well.

2497823760_5a84351e4f_o.jpg

Yeah I saw that you grabbed that one off of feebay. Does Beware normally fetch that price? Very nice book!!

and this one is perfect for me, as it's a lower grade copy, but the front cover presents incredibly well. I actually got it for a hair under guide too! Some Days this is my favorite cover of all time too. Other days I just marvel at how well Saunders could paint. This is pure panic. Frantic, paranoid mania, perfectly captured by Saunders. And the whited out eyes, that's just bonkers, but so effective.

2449391129_4730ecb5c8_o.jpg

à propos

58345-lio080517.gif

Jack

Really those PCH stories are ripped from the headlines. One CNN frontpage right now:

FRESNO, California (AP) -- A biochemist was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Friday for killing her estranged husband by knocking him out and stuffing him into a vat of acid, possibly while he was still alive.

Just days after Timothy Schuster was reported missing, his half-dissolved remains -- intact from only the belt buckle down -- were found inside a 55-gallon barrel concealed in a storage unit his wife had rented.

Kristin Schuster, the couple's adult daughter, told the judge that she felt safer knowing her mother would be behind bars.

"I've been living for five years not knowing if I would have to worry for my own safety," she said. "In your quest to become a dominating power freak, you became your own demon."

Prosecutors said Schuster and her former lab assistant, James Fagone, first immobilized Timothy Schuster with a stun gun and a chloroform-soaked rag. Then they bound his hands and feet, dumped his body headfirst into a barrel while he was still breathing and poured hydrochloric acid on him."

:sick:

Really those PCH stories are ripped from the headlines. One CNN frontpage right now:

FRESNO, California (AP) -- A biochemist was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Friday for killing her estranged husband by knocking him out and stuffing him into a vat of acid, possibly while he was still alive.

Just days after Timothy Schuster was reported missing, his half-dissolved remains -- intact from only the belt buckle down -- were found inside a 55-gallon barrel concealed in a storage unit his wife had rented.

Kristin Schuster, the couple's adult daughter, told the judge that she felt safer knowing her mother would be behind bars.

"I've been living for five years not knowing if I would have to worry for my own safety," she said. "In your quest to become a dominating power freak, you became your own demon."

Prosecutors said Schuster and her former lab assistant, James Fagone, first immobilized Timothy Schuster with a stun gun and a chloroform-soaked rag. Then they bound his hands and feet, dumped his body headfirst into a barrel while he was still breathing and poured hydrochloric acid on him."

That is so Crime Suspenstories! Of course to be really pre-code his half dissolved remains would have to have hounded her to an equally grisly death - preferably while other family members looked on.

and this one is perfect for me, as it's a lower grade copy, but the front cover presents incredibly well. I actually got it for a hair under guide too! Some Days this is my favorite cover of all time too. Other days I just marvel at how well Saunders could paint. This is pure panic. Frantic, paranoid mania, perfectly captured by Saunders. And the whited out eyes, that's just bonkers, but so effective.

à propos

58345-lio080517.gif

Let's go for a Weird Eyeball trifecta!

58348--5.jpg

Jack

That is so Crime Suspenstories! Of course to be really pre-code his half dissolved remains would have to have hounded her to an equally grisly death - preferably while other family members looked on.

The EC twist would have been for the acid-eaten zombie husband to dissolve the wife in lye so that the Old Witch could make a closing comment about neutralizing or passing a litmus test.

Jack

another reason to be wary of biochemists!

The EC twist would have been for the acid-eaten zombie husband to dissolve the wife in lye so that the Old Witch could make a closing comment about neutralizing or passing a litmus test.

Jack

Oooooor...

The acid-eaten zombie husband comes back to dissolve the biochemist wife from the waist down - then sews the two halfs together so that they will never be apart for all eternity! Bwa-ha-ha-haaaaa!

Jack

Oooooor...

The acid-eaten zombie husband comes back to dissolve the biochemist wife from the waist down - then sews the two halfs together so that they will never be apart for all eternity! Bwa-ha-ha-haaaaa!

Him on bottom, her on top? That's an awful lot of equipment.

à propos

58345-lio080517.gif

Let's go for a Weird Eyeball trifecta!

58348--5.jpg

Jack

I love eyeball trifectas! Thanks jack! That cartoon was pretty funny...

That news story is pretty damn horrific! Cripes! What the hell is wrong with people. I want to know her age, see if she was comic reading age in 1953

Edited by shiverbones

That news story is pretty damn horrific! Cripes! What the hell is wrong with people. I want to know her age, see if she was comic reading age in 1953

Nah. I think she was watching CSI recently ... can be as grisly.

Nah. I think she was watching CSI recently ... can be as grisly.

I shudder to think all the ideas that show has given people! :eek: