Page 1155 of 3449 « First<11531154115511561157>Last »
Topic Options
#5772774 - 06/15/12 01:59 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Awax]
mysterio Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Between TX and KS
Yeah, if this is a "participation" variant instead of a true SDCC variant then a lot of people who wouldn't normally go to the show or get any variants could get their hands on this. I am getting the feeling that this could be one of the more common variants out there. I could be wrong, of course, but it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
#5772782 - 06/15/12 02:02 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: mysterio]
HugeRosen Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Originally Posted By: mysterio
Yeah, if this is a "participation" variant instead of a true SDCC variant then a lot of people who wouldn't normally go to the show or get any variants could get their hands on this. I am getting the feeling that this could be one of the more common variants out there. I could be wrong, of course, but it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

As far as I know though, you only get one per person and the tickets are like $70 each. So it's not like someone can buy a ton of them and resell. So there may be a large # of them out there but the people that also collect the comics probably aren't going to have duplicates. Having said that, I hope there are plenty and they aren't expensive because I'm going to need one.

#5772933 - 06/15/12 02:50 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: HugeRosen]
Branget Offline

Branget: This is all fine and good but I'm at almost 18k posts and still no custom title. How do you explain that?

Arch: I guess I can't.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The placement is PERFECT!
Will be common as dirt. \(thumbs u

#5772964 - 06/15/12 03:02 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Branget]
zombizzy Offline
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Puerto Rico!
Well, I guess it had to happen to me at some point. *SPOILERS* Abraham is *spoon* dead and I'm pissed. I want this whole Negan business to explode, it better be *spoon* worth the arrow he took to the head.
#5773500 - 06/15/12 06:37 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: zombizzy]
Nico Esq Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Warning, Spoiler:
In light of a recent story on Bleeding Cool, the McFarlane cover and what I've seen Kirkman do in the past, I'm convinced that in issue 99 we are going to see Rick go down and be left wondering whether he is going to survive.

#5773917 - 06/15/12 09:38 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Nico Esq]
jaster-mereel Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Lubbock, TX
If you are laying out $70 to go through the "escape experience", it would probably be in the promoters best interest to throw a $4 comic book at you and ask you to "come back real soon!"

I don't see these being terribly rare. I hope I'm wrong, but at ten thousand participating, it will be more plentiful than the image expo variant.

Looking for Tom Lyle Sgt Fury/Dracula pages from MCP, Ramm 0 and Wildman 0 from megaton comics, any original artwork from Megaton 1-8

#5773989 - 06/15/12 10:02 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: jaster-mereel]
Nico Esq Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Originally Posted By: jaster-mereel
If you are laying out $70 to go through the "escape experience", it would probably be in the promoters best interest to throw a $4 comic book at you and ask you to "come back real soon!"

I don't see these being terribly rare. I hope I'm wrong, but at ten thousand participating, it will be more plentiful than the image expo variant.

Hopefully they give the book out at the start of the course and then 9.8s will be SUPER rare!

#5774022 - 06/15/12 10:17 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Awax]
Jonesin4Comics Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Behind You
 Originally Posted By: Awax
I live in San Diego. The other day one of my co workers aked me of I've heard of the Walking dead escape. Said he and his friend were going to do it. The thing is, this kid isn't going to SDCC. So I wonder how many locals around here are also going to participate.. Could add a few numbers to it.

I'm not local but I'm going to do it! A little fun since I couldn't get into the con

#5775019 - 06/16/12 01:35 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Jonesin4Comics]
cgcworld Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Headed for Fort Benning
My first two pieces of WD art arrived this week and I couldn't be happier.

I think this is an ideal example for my first panel page (I still don't know how I feel about this "small" art though hm )

and then of course my first cover (I really like the character of Dale, especially the TV version) and I had a shot at the two latest WD covers but I wanted one where Adlard drew on more than one third of the page

Jim

Edited by cgcworld (06/16/12 01:36 PM)
" Having been at the lunch where this picture was taken (last year's NYCC), I can attest to the friendship you all shared from an outsider's perspective. I was just e-mailing with a buddy of mine and fellow boardie, who was also at that lunch, that you could just tell that these guys had a level of friendship that you just don't often see in adults of that age. I honestly thought you guys had been friends for years! My heart really goes out to you guys and all of his family! " dem1138 July 24/09 3:16PM

#5775022 - 06/16/12 01:37 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Jonesin4Comics]
whocares Offline
The Collectinator

Loc: Great White North
Walking Dead #100 To Sell Over 300,000. The Best Selling Comic Of The Year?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/16/w...s+%26+Rumors%29

wow!

This would make the print run of of the 1:200 at about 1500 copies and climbing.
Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat...Sleep, Fear? That's the other guy's problem. Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness in a BeachBum Con sales thread. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this thread, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners. One minute you're trolling and the next, boom, your hitting the "I Take It" button, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley. Are you with me?

Page 1155 of 3449 « First<11531154115511561157>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Budget Kitchens London
by rakpenak
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
WTB: Junk Silver
by ChasingKingKirby
Yesterday at 10:54 AM
New @ kittlecoins.com - Type Coins; Lovett Tokens; Copper Wilson Dollar; Commems
by illini420
10/29/14 10:08 PM
PROOF 70 COINS FOR SALE
by wmfielding
10/28/14 09:58 AM
Comics Marketplace
Thrilling Adventures in Stamps #8 Overstreet "Very Rare"
by Dr. Love
3 minutes 44 seconds ago
Guardians of the Galaxy, Bettie Page, The Walking Dead, prints, & more on Ebay
by FAKadar
Today at 07:13 PM
Signed MARVEL VS DC Trading Cards - JUST THE GOOD STUFF
by Revat
Today at 06:05 PM
McFarlane ASM lot!
by sakaridis
Today at 05:54 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 2.026 seconds in which 2.013 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles