Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#2165302 - 01/28/08 08:21 AM TACO BELL NAPKIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... NEW PICS ADDDED...
Bruceswar Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Mesquite, Tx
As some of the newer people have been wondering about how all this Taco Bell Napkin business got started and why it is sooo popular. As the originator of this I feel it need to spread some light as to how happened and the results. Thus why people like it sooo much and now recommend it for coins that need help. First lets start with the coin as I first got it back in Dec of 2005, Which I took the first photos of it on Jan 7th 2006

Then It was left on my desk for 2 months on the napkin I used to photo the coin. It started to get color. Then I took the napkin and wrapped it up with the coin inside. Put it in a Kraft Envelop and inside the cabinet it went.(Bathroom) There is a cup of water in the cabinet as well. Took a series of photos over about 6 months time. Which brings us to here..

Here is a series of pictures.

1st is on 1/7/06
2ndis on 3/28/06
3rd is on 5/10/06
4th is on 6/10/06
5th is on 7/31/06
6th is on 8/29/06

So I said I was stopping the expierment and put the coin in a 2x2 flip. About 2 months later I decided with new lights I wanted to photo the coin again. I took the coin out of the 2x2 and took more photos. I did not much care for the photos, but anyhow I put it then in a flip in case I got the urge to photo it again. Few months passed and the TNA Show came up. Showed the coin to a few people who liked it. Brandon Kelley of ARC said he thought the flip was not the best storage for it. So got home and took it out of the flip. layed the coin top of it. Sometimes thing on my desk get a bit cluttered soo somehow I managed to lose track of the coin again. Texas Heat in the summer, and no AC heated things up again when I was cleaning my desk off. Low and behold all the coins on my desk were fine, but this one had changed more. Here is how it looks currenly, since the next day I got an airtite for it...

This is how Taco Ball Napkin toning got started and how it grew on people. Many have tried it with diff results. Some have been posted while others have not been. This is the coin that started it all. Now Fire away with questions, comments, etc.

#2165310 - 01/28/08 08:31 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: Bruceswar]
MikeKing Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: New England
First off, I think this is incredible.
Secondly, I got myself some taco bell napkins, and a bunch of chalupas as well, a dose of maalox, and I was fine. burp.
oh...excuse me...
I've got this AT bustie that i'd like to dip and do the taco bell napkin thing on
when i do, i'll post it.
meanwhile, can you link us to any other taco bell napkin results that have been posted???
thanks

An object makes infinity private. (Joseph Brodsky)

#2165316 - 01/28/08 08:39 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: MikeKing]
Bruceswar Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

The only other results I have seen posted is on a modern SAE. I doubt it would hold much value as it would relate to a bust half.

#2165362 - 01/28/08 09:24 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: Bruceswar]
James_EarlyUS Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Bruce, I remember someone somewhere either posted or linked to a cleaned coin that was wrapped in toilet paper, and the results were stunning, similar to yours.

My posts express my PERSONAL opinions ONLY. Please respect my right to Freedom of Speech as I respect yours.

#2165363 - 01/28/08 09:27 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: James_EarlyUS]
Bruceswar Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

relic posted it.... it was an 1876 qtr if I am correct...

#2165378 - 01/28/08 09:54 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: Bruceswar]
Just Bob Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Mississippi
 Originally Posted By: Bruceswar

Then It was left on my desk for 2 months on the napkin I used to photo the coin. It started to get color. Then I took the napkin and wrapped it up with the coin inside. Put it in a Kraft Envelop and inside the cabinet it went.(Bathroom) There is a cup of water in the cabinet as well. Took a series of photos over about 6 months time.

Is this the same process that you used to make the hamburger ?!

Satisfactory purchases from members Jgrinz, Ant, Dwaine, James_EarlyUS, Coinman1794, Coindude, Hoot, Banknote1, Glossy, Coll3ctor, zrlevin, wayneherndon, Apotheosis, Schatzy, Physics-fan3.14, jtryka, EZ_E, brwnprkns, jackson64, with a special "thank you" to rons

#2165482 - 01/28/08 11:28 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: James_EarlyUS]
RGT Offline

Here's one that I posted a couple of years ago. I think this was before I knew that I was supposed to use a Taco Bell napkin instead if tissue.

Reeded Edge Half in tissue paper

I can't see the original pictures since Photobucket is blocked for me at work, so if they aren't showing up I will try to put them back tonight. I think I need to take new pictures too because the coin has continued to tone a bit more after I removed it from the tissue.

#2165489 - 01/28/08 11:34 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: RGT]
relicsncoins Offline

Here is a 1921 Morgan that was dipped and then wrapped in Toilet paper. It took about 4 or 6 months for this to happen.

JJ

Here is one with simmilar toning (not by me) slabbed by NGC.

#2165503 - 01/28/08 11:42 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: relicsncoins]
MikeKing Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: New England
I think we're uncovering the secret of the giants in the doctoring industry. Toilet paper.
It makes me want to wrap all my coins in toilet paper. I'd like to see if NGC or PCGS will holder that coin, as I suspect they will. It's quite pretty. I like it.

An object makes infinity private. (Joseph Brodsky)

#2165507 - 01/28/08 11:44 AM Re: TACO BELL NAKPIN COIN... THE LEGEND.... [Re: MikeKing]
relicsncoins Offline

Originally Posted By: MikeKing
I think we're uncovering the secret of the giants in the doctoring industry. Toilet paper.
It makes me want to wrap all my coins in toilet paper. I'd like to see if NGC or PCGS will holder that coin, as I suspect they will. It's quite pretty. I like it.

Since it takes a few months for this to happen with TP, my guess is, they are using chemicals that do the same thing in minutes.

JJ

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTB 2011 NGC PF70 Libertads
by bender9876
Yesterday at 07:17 PM
FSH: Harry W. Bass Jr. Limited Edition Deluxe Cloth Hardbound Auction Catalogs
by BROADSTRUCK
Yesterday at 01:28 PM
Key Date 1946 Australia Penny auctions ending today
by stldanceartist
Yesterday at 12:30 PM
FS: 3 NGC graded Irish Pennies
by agentjim007
07/28/14 07:12 AM
Comics Marketplace
A Whole Bunch of COMICS, Includes Golden, Silver, keys, CGC, and MORE!
by MattHawes
Today at 12:49 AM
Trying to Narrow my focus trade/sale
by kaholo1256
Today at 12:19 AM
Large Silver/Bronze Journey Into Mystery & Thor run ending TONIGHT!
by Chip Cataldo
Today at 12:19 AM
DETECTIVE COMICS 468, CGC 9.4, Marshall Rogers art
by TigerMan1
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.011 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.