• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I will be adding someone today if they don't answer my PM and pony up. Over $10. We really need to do something about new people.

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

PM'd me to buy a $10 lot of books, told me what a great deal and that he wanted them. I sent payment information. PM'd me a day later wanting references from me since he was paying big money to someone he didn't know. Gave him all that.

Ignored 2 pm's over two days and then today said he's looking at other ventures. Don't really need this from an 18 post person. Might as well stop it before others get aggravated.

What is your background in comics? :baiting: $10? That's pretty sad on his part. Maybe you only provided $8 quality references?

I will be adding someone today if they don't answer my PM and pony up. Over $10. We really need to do something about new people.

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

PM'd me to buy a $10 lot of books, told me what a great deal and that he wanted them. I sent payment information. PM'd me a day later wanting references from me since he was paying big money to someone he didn't know. Gave him all that.

Ignored 2 pm's over two days and then today said he's looking at other ventures. Don't really need this from an 18 post person. Might as well stop it before others get aggravated.

What is your background in comics? :baiting: $10? That's pretty sad on his part. Maybe you only provided $8 quality references?

or 2cmeh

1/11/08 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

DiceX

(added 12/7/07)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Fandango

(added 11/7/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

(added 8/9/07)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

newkingintown

(added 10/18/07)

Old Man

(added 12/7/07)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

:sumo:

Are any of these people around anymore? Does anyone know?

1/11/08 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

DiceX

(added 12/7/07)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Fandango

(added 11/7/07)

Ghastly

Herald2Galactus

Joker-Fish

(added 8/9/07)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

newkingintown

(added 10/18/07)

Old Man

(added 12/7/07)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

I can think of at least one. ;)

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

THATONEGUY made a commitment to buy a $24 some odd dollar book that I was selling.He had me send a request for cash through my Paypal then pm'd me about a week later to tell me he changed his mind and didn't want the graded comic. He said he was skeptical about the grade of the book. WOW!

which is why when in doubt, report them. If I had seen another boardie with a problem, I would have told the joker no thanks.

I wouldn't trust Anthony with one of my hard-earned sawbucks, either. Dude is a pirate, for freak's sake

Thats the big misconception, pirate's followed a code and i bet most were alot more honorable than the brits/spanish/french navies chasing them.

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

THATONEGUY made a commitment to buy a $24 some odd dollar book that I was selling.He had me send a request for cash through my Paypal then pm'd me about a week later to tell me he changed his mind and didn't want the graded comic. He said he was skeptical about the grade of the book. WOW!

How old is this welcher?

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

How old is this welcher?

My guess is........NOT OLD ENOUGH!

which is why when in doubt, report them. If I had seen another boardie with a problem, I would have told the joker no thanks.

Absolutely. You don't have to wait 30 days to report that you're having a problem with someone. Just talk about it in the discussion thread. Gives others a heads-up to avoid their own problems.

I wouldn't trust Anthony with one of my hard-earned sawbucks, either. Dude is a pirate, for freak's sake

Thats the big misconception, pirate's followed a code and i bet most were alot more honorable than the brits/spanish/french navies chasing them.

I was speaking more about your alma mater.

:baiting:

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

How old is this welcher?

If $10 is big money he must be around 12.

1/11/08 PROBATION UPDATE

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

DiceX

(added 12/7/07)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Fandango

(added 11/7/07)

Ghastly

Herald2Galactus

Joker-Fish

(added 8/9/07)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

newkingintown

(added 10/18/07)

Old Man

(added 12/7/07)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

Lurking for sure.

Ok, i would like to formally apologize to both TurokHunter and Pirate. I'm not asking to be removed off of the thread, but i would like to try and explain myself first.

TurokHunter: When i saw your book at that grade, i immediately jumped on it assuming that it was a great deal. I started to research the "slight" on the book, and i found out that i didn't want to purchase a book that had been already restored. I apologize that it took me so long to get back to you, but i didn't really know how to break the news to you and i didn't want to look like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person at the same time. I hope you understand.

Pirate: I saw the bargain you offered me, and once again, i kind of jumped the gun. I know that i committed to you, but at the time we were talking, a ss opportunity was reopened to me, and it was enough money that i wanted to rethink our deal. I decided that i would pass for now, but like i said, i might be interested in the future. I hope you understand.

I admit that i probably deserve to be on this thread, but i hope that the both of you better understand what was going on during our trades. Again, i'm really sorry if i wasted your time.

Travis (a.k.a ThatOneGuy)

P.S. For those of you wondering, i'm 15, and while that is not an excuse for my actions, hopefully it helps explains why i was so concerned about how i spent my money (I don't really have a steady income)

Travis,

Our word for today is responsibility.

re·spon·si·bil·i·ty

NOUN:

pl. re·spon·si·bil·i·ties

1. The state, quality, or fact of being responsible.

2. Something for which one is responsible; a duty, obligation, or burden.

The application of this word to your life will help you out a great deal now and in the future.

Ok, i would like to formally apologize to both TurokHunter and Pirate. I'm not asking to be removed off of the thread, but i would like to try and explain myself first.

TurokHunter: When i saw your book at that grade, i immediately jumped on it assuming that it was a great deal. I started to research the "slight" on the book, and i found out that i didn't want to purchase a book that had been already restored. I apologize that it took me so long to get back to you, but i didn't really know how to break the news to you and i didn't want to look like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person at the same time. I hope you understand.

Pirate: I saw the bargain you offered me, and once again, i kind of jumped the gun. I know that i committed to you, but at the time we were talking, a ss opportunity was reopened to me, and it was enough money that i wanted to rethink our deal. I decided that i would pass for now, but like i said, i might be interested in the future. I hope you understand.

I admit that i probably deserve to be on this thread, but i hope that the both of you better understand what was going on during our trades. Again, i'm really sorry if i wasted your time.

Travis (a.k.a ThatOneGuy)

P.S. For those of you wondering, i'm 15, and while that is not an excuse for my actions, hopefully it helps explains why i was so concerned about how i spent my money (I don't really have a steady income)

I hear you, ThatOneGuy, and that was the right move for you to post here to explain yourself.

It's important for you to understand that we all here feel the :takeit: guy should be taken seriously. If there is a possibility that you may not follow through with your deal, don't post that guy.

Nuff said.

Andy