• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

8,989 posts in this topic

Nice Pulps Paul! Great Covers. I don't own any pulps, but this is the closest I have. I've always thought Schomburg drew this 2nd Torch cover in a very "Pulp" like fashion (thumbs u

BIGScan-MarvelMystery5CGC2.jpg

I got to get me one of those, the #3 has the same great feel. Can't help but wonder if some of the better pulp covers(and there are a lot of them) were on comics, the demand and value would be insane. It really is untapped market for fantastic art covers, and some excellent reading. I picked all of these up for under between 3-6 bucks a piece, except the one startling with Capt. Futrue which was more. So for the price of a new comic I got a whole lot of reading and some real fun covers to enjoy.

Paul

Nice Pulps Paul! Great Covers. I don't own any pulps, but this is the closest I have. I've always thought Schomburg drew this 2nd Torch cover in a very "Pulp" like fashion (thumbs u

BIGScan-MarvelMystery5CGC2.jpg

I got to get me one of those, the #3 has the same great feel. Can't help but wonder if some of the better pulp covers(and there are a lot of them) were on comics, the demand and value would be insane. It really is untapped market for fantastic art covers, and some excellent reading. I picked all of these up for under between 3-6 bucks a piece, except the one startling with Capt. Futrue which was more. So for the price of a new comic I got a whole lot of reading and some real fun covers to enjoy.

Paul

Yes, I forgot MM # 3 (Angel cover) has that Pulp feeling. Post a scan of your # 3 here Paul! :applause:

I believe you are correct. I remember it is considered a classic cover as well.

Sweet pulps guys. I really like the Marvel Science or any of the red circle pulps, I would like to get a bunch of them, at current I do not have any, my pulp collection is the 14 I posted.