Page 3 of 402 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2094821 - 12/25/07 11:30 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: sterlingcomics]
TheWatcher Offline

Guess what he watches.
|
\/

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicago, IL
I think it's a great idea. I can't tell you how many FS threads I've either missed or been way late on because I didn't check the Marketplace section often enough (or at the right time).

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#2094841 - 12/25/07 11:47 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong
 Originally Posted By: october
If anyone has threads that are upcoming, that want to post to make sure people know what's coming, say it here.

Think we need a thread like this? It's hard to announce upcoming sales because it's either "spam" or "carnival barking", depending on the forum...

I don`t think it`s a bad idea, but I`m concerned that you`re taking away the advantage that members who live 24X7 on the boards currently have. I`m just not sure if greggy`s fragile psyche can withstand this.

Anyways, it`s not the live-and-let-live folks who are going to be the issue. It will be Just Certain self-appointed forum police who will decide how much pain they decide to inflict on the thread.

#2094847 - 12/25/07 11:52 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: tth2]
divad Online   shocked
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: bolinas lagoon
 Originally Posted By: tth2
It will be Just Certain self-appointed forum police who will decide how much pain they decide to inflict on the thread.

#2094849 - 12/25/07 11:55 PM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: divad]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong
 Originally Posted By: divad
 Originally Posted By: tth2
It will be Just Certain self-appointed forum police who will decide how much pain they decide to inflict on the thread.

Actually, it might be a way to draw a quick strike from him upon his return, so put me down as 100% behind the idea! lol

#2094854 - 12/26/07 12:00 AM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: divad]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm busy interneting.
That is a great idea Andy. Some of the other forums already use a similar idea.
Great idea. An announcement thread is what we need. I've tried announcing my upcoming sales threads a few hours in advance and some people didn't like it and it ended up getting my thread reported to mods and deleted. I approve.

R.

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#2094865 - 12/26/07 12:07 AM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: VintageComics]
divad Online   shocked
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: bolinas lagoon
I plan on Spamming it . . .

#2094867 - 12/26/07 12:08 AM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: djpinkpanther67]
comicdey Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: la la land
I miss all kinds of cool stuff, but figure if people want to pre-solicit....a pm is always welcome by me.....

I appreciate those sellers that give me a heads up, and if I have the cash handy, I'm more than willing to reward them.

Of course, right at Christmas.....the money gets spent pretty fast.

#2094880 - 12/26/07 12:19 AM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: comicdey]
blue808 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Spam capital
Think it's a good idea and worth a try.

Crime SuspenStories #22 FN to VF
Phantom Stranger 13 NM
House of Secrets 82 NM

#2094918 - 12/26/07 12:51 AM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
nearmint Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Jeff in Newport Beach, CA
 Originally Posted By: pirate
then do what you want, the worse than can happen is a mod pull. Don't let me stop you. I just don't think it's needed but i'm one voice in the masses.

Fine. I will go ahead and pimp my sale starting tomorrow (pending the owner's approval) of some consignment stuff. If people don't like this thread, just complain to the mods and they can decide if they want to pull it or pin it for forumwide use. I personally like the idea, but people can be a little touchy about the rules around here. We will see what happens. \(shrug\)

My thread starts tomorrow afternoon with 50+ DC 80 pagers (30+ in 9.0 up) as well as other stuff including Strange Tales, Mystery in Space, and assorted other junk. At least 100 books will be listed in the next few days, lots of high grade and some peds including Green River, Mass, Boston, Northland and Oakland. NO PRE SALES. Sorry.

Action #360.

DETECTIVE27.COM

WANTED: Okajima war covers. Action Comics #39, 40, 50, 55, 56, 59, 61 in 8.0 or better. Adventure Comics #46 in 4.0 or better. Romantic Marriage #8 in any grade.

VINTAGE PHOTOS WITH COMICS!

#2095265 - 12/26/07 11:26 AM Re: Forum Sales "Announcement" Thread [Re: october]
Aces Offline

Seemed lonely sitting around with no custom title.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Phil's Parking Lot
I hate it when people start threads hours before a book is even posted and make us wait to attract attention, but I also hate it when I miss books because I didn't know someone was having a sale. I figure we need a thread where people can say: "I am going to list pre-code horror on Tuesday night, check back in if you are interested".

If anyone has threads that are upcoming, that want to post to make sure people know what's coming, say it here.

Think we need a thread like this? It's hard to announce upcoming sales because it's either "spam" or "carnival barking", depending on the forum...

FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD
\:D

My Auctions

Board Feedback

Page 3 of 402 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1954-D Franklin Half Dollar PCGS MS65FBL (old holder)
by Hu-Dey
1967 Washington Quarter PCGS MS68 old holder
by Hu-Dey
02:52 PM
Gold Coins for sale All NGC PF 70's $ to chose From ! LOOK
by Paul Kiraly 3
01:07 PM
FS: 1947 S Philippines Fifty Centavo Mint State Toned
by Doily
10:40 AM
Comics Marketplace
Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 2.5
by Zacreth
FS Whiz 19 CGC 5.5 OW to W *Classic Shark Cover *
by c-mack
02:16 PM
Spend your NM98 Sales $$ on this Death of Superman LOT!! + X-Force 2!
by Revat
01:45 PM
Captain America 25 (Civil War) Death of Cap
by Robodog
01:39 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.014 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles