• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,896 posts in this topic

If anyone has threads that are upcoming, that want to post to make sure people know what's coming, say it here.

Think we need a thread like this? It's hard to announce upcoming sales because it's either "spam" or "carnival barking", depending on the forum...

I don`t think it`s a bad idea, but I`m concerned that you`re taking away the advantage that members who live 24X7 on the boards currently have. I`m just not sure if greggy`s fragile psyche can withstand this.

Anyways, it`s not the live-and-let-live folks who are going to be the issue. It will be Just Certain self-appointed forum police who will decide how much pain they decide to inflict on the thread.

It will be Just Certain self-appointed forum police who will decide how much pain they decide to inflict on the thread.

:sumo::whistle:

Actually, it might be a way to draw a quick strike from him upon his return, so put me down as 100% behind the idea! lol

That is a great idea Andy. Some of the other forums already use a similar idea.

Great idea. An announcement thread is what we need. I've tried announcing my upcoming sales threads a few hours in advance and some people didn't like it and it ended up getting my thread reported to mods and deleted. I approve.

R.

I miss all kinds of cool stuff, but figure if people want to pre-solicit....a pm is always welcome by me.....

I appreciate those sellers that give me a heads up, and if I have the cash handy, I'm more than willing to reward them.

Of course, right at Christmas.....the money gets spent pretty fast.

then do what you want, the worse than can happen is a mod pull. Don't let me stop you. I just don't think it's needed but i'm one voice in the masses.

Fine. I will go ahead and pimp my sale starting tomorrow (pending the owner's approval) of some consignment stuff. If people don't like this thread, just complain to the mods and they can decide if they want to pull it or pin it for forumwide use. I personally like the idea, but people can be a little touchy about the rules around here. We will see what happens. (shrug)

My thread starts tomorrow afternoon with 50+ DC 80 pagers (30+ in 9.0 up) as well as other stuff including Strange Tales, Mystery in Space, and assorted other junk. At least 100 books will be listed in the next few days, lots of high grade and some peds including Green River, Mass, Boston, Northland and Oakland. NO PRE SALES. Sorry.

Action #360. :takeit:

I hate it when people start threads hours before a book is even posted and make us wait to attract attention, but I also hate it when I miss books because I didn't know someone was having a sale. I figure we need a thread where people can say: "I am going to list pre-code horror on Tuesday night, check back in if you are interested".

If anyone has threads that are upcoming, that want to post to make sure people know what's coming, say it here.

Think we need a thread like this? It's hard to announce upcoming sales because it's either "spam" or "carnival barking", depending on the forum...

FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD

:D

I hate it when people start threads hours before a book is even posted and make us wait to attract attention, but I also hate it when I miss books because I didn't know someone was having a sale. I figure we need a thread where people can say: "I am going to list pre-code horror on Tuesday night, check back in if you are interested".

FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD

:D

I looked at it, but it was 27 pages of graemlins and gibberish. Any announcement would get buried by the typical useless krap people feel the need to post.

The SPED patrol, right on cue! (thumbs u
What is the ET of the thread? (shrug)

Noon central. Told you twice! :gossip:

You also said maybe on the 24th :baiting:

Sweet....45 minutes...I think

has anyone tried to use the Calendar that this Forum has to accomplish the same thing as the intent behind this thread? Or looked in to the viability of same?

I haven't, and honestly don't check the Calendar...but it seems as though there is a potential solution right under our noses that no one is utilising. I admit it might be impossible to use the Calendar in this fashion, thus the question...

I have a BIN List that I'm planning on posting on Thursday, Dec 27th at about 4:00-5:00 PST (7-8 EST). Over 150+ books consisting of mainly DC Bronze. A little bit of everything including Horror, War, a lot of Adams books & a $1-2 Bargain Bin section.

*For those who received the advance list, there may be some last minute additions. Also, I have adjusted the prices slightly upward for the 3 copies of Batman # 227 as suggested by Greggy. It appears that I priced them a little lower than market value. doh!

Those were some nice books. :golfclap:

I want to give this thread a :bump: as well.

I have decided to list my war collection excluding my 10 cent OAAWs and big box 12 cent OAAWs. There will also be some undercopies of OAAWs listed. I'm tentatively looking at January 5th.

Brent