• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,896 posts in this topic

I hate it when people start threads hours before a book is even posted and make us wait to attract attention, but I also hate it when I miss books because I didn't know someone was having a sale. I figure we need a thread where people can say: "I am going to list pre-code horror on Tuesday night, check back in if you are interested".

If anyone has threads that are upcoming, that want to post to make sure people know what's coming, say it here.

Think we need a thread like this? It's hard to announce upcoming sales because it's either "spam" or "carnival barking", depending on the forum...

I like this idea Andy. In the "ebay" sales thread, I posted that I'm considering putting up some of the war books from my personal collection. If and when I make a firm commitment to do so, it would be nice to put notice in a thread like this with a firm start date and even some specifics as to which books will be offered.

nope

Well, people person_without_enough_empathy to me all the time that they didn't know I would be selling stuff. It would be nice to let them know somehow. I am sure Nik, Greggy, Brent, CD, Nick, Divad and others hear the same complaint.

then do what you want, the worse than can happen is a mod pull. Don't let me stop you. I just don't think it's needed but i'm one voice in the masses.

I like this idea Andy. In the "ebay" sales thread, I posted that I'm considering putting up some of the war books from my personal collection. If and when I make a firm commitment to do so, it would be nice to put notice in a thread like this with a firm start date and even some specifics as to which books will be offered.

Case in point, it was sheer luck that I was online when you listed that Startling. It's going to be one of the top 3 or 4 books in my collection and I would likely have missed it if I didn't happen to be online in the marketplace at the time.

then do what you want, the worse than can happen is a mod pull. Don't let me stop you. I just don't think it's needed but i'm one voice in the masses.

Fine. I will go ahead and pimp my sale starting tomorrow (pending the owner's approval) of some consignment stuff. If people don't like this thread, just complain to the mods and they can decide if they want to pull it or pin it for forumwide use. I personally like the idea, but people can be a little touchy about the rules around here. We will see what happens. (shrug)

My thread starts tomorrow afternoon with 50+ DC 80 pagers (30+ in 9.0 up) as well as other stuff including Strange Tales, Mystery in Space, and assorted other junk. At least 100 books will be listed in the next few days, lots of high grade and some peds including Green River, Mass, Boston, Northland and Oakland. NO PRE SALES. Sorry.

Fine. I will go ahead and pimp my sale starting tomorrow (pending the owner's approval) of some consignment stuff. If people don't like this thread, just complain to the mods and they can decide if they want to pull it or pin it for forumwide use. I personally like the idea, but people can be a little touchy about the rules around here. We will see what happens. (shrug)

My thread starts tomorrow afternoon with 50+ DC 80 pagers (30+ in 9.0 up) as well as other stuff including Strange Tales, Mystery in Space, and assorted other junk. At least 100 books will be listed in the next few days, lots of high grade and some peds including Green River, Mass, Boston, Northland and Oakland. NO PRE SALES. Sorry.

Now, at least, I'll know when NOT to sell . . . :insane:

Actually, y'know, I kinda like the random serendipity of it all . . . :grin:

I'm seriously considering listing some stuff tonight.....but I may be too darn lazy to actually make it happen. :insane:

I'm going to post an IM 127.....and go from there. :popcorn:

:blahblah: Betcha Joeypost starts his thread first, back pain and all.

:baiting: