• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yep Yep. I guess the option is to put them back up on the selling forum.

I think you two should relist them. For the money you're out from this guy it sounds like these weren't anything to sneeze at and I have a feeling many people would be interested in them again. Including myself. :)

I think you two should relist them. For the money you're out from this guy it sounds like these weren't anything to sneeze at and I have a feeling many people would be interested in them again. Including myself. :)

I will relist one right now. It's the only one I have a scan of.

I will relist one right now. It's the only one I have a scan of.

:popcorn:

What drives me nuts is that he's done this before and he was on this list before. Sure, he eventually made good with most everyone (except October) but the fact that it took a public outing to get the money was a red flag to me and I publically stated I would not sell to him again.

I'm surprised others here coninued to to business with him after that incident. The whole point of this thread is to publically acknowledge these guys who do not follow thru on transactions so others don't get taken by the same people.

So why did it fail? Generosity on board members to give a second chance? Greed? Not reading this thread?

I have no idea. (shrug)

I sold some cheap books to him but didn't realize he had problems (guess I didn't read this thread or remember reading it). The transaction went smoothly, but it was for small dollars, so easily managed on his end, I suppose.

Sorry to hear of these difficulties with the larger dollar purchases.

I'm surprised others here coninued to to business with him after that incident. The whole point of this thread is to publically acknowledge these guys who do not follow thru on transactions so others don't get taken by the same people.

So why did it fail? Generosity on board members to give a second chance? Greed? Not reading this thread?

Because Divad takes a person off the list as soon as he/she makes good, which means someone would have to read through all the old posts in this thread to see if someone's ever been on the list. Considering how quickly new posts pile up in this thread, not many people have the patience to go back and check all the old lists.

So why did it fail?

IMO, because most people make decisions to buy, in a vacuum, excluding any and all history of transactions with that particular seller, save that of the buyer's personal dealings. (or vice versa)

Most folks will tend to rationalize and justify in order to take advantage of a good deal. How many times do you see legit folks bid on/win the fraud scam auctions up on ebay? "If it looks too good to be true, then I'm one lucky for being the only one to stumble across this and should seal the deal before anyone else gets a chance to beat me to it"

Or some folks may have full knowledge of current events/debts to other sellers but tell themselves, "I've been trying to dump this junk for ages with no interest. Finally someone puts up an :takeit: Screw October, I'm gonna get mine."

as long as a person hasn't screwed with you, the natural tendency is to proceed with what is in your best interest.

I'm not saying this is right, nor is it the way I operate or would like to be treated, because I do beleive in some code of honor among fellow trusted board members.

Just my 2c

I am relisting them on the boards this afternoon.

What drives me nuts is that he's done this before and he was on this list before. Sure, he eventually made good with most everyone (except October) but the fact that it took a public outing to get the money was a red flag to me and I publically stated I would not sell to him again.

I have no idea. (shrug)

The purpose of this thread is to alert sellers and buyers to Board transactions, that for one reason or another have gone south, and have not been resolved by and between the participants to the transaction.

To impart any greater meaning or duty to this thread is somewhat of a disservice to all. Old man was on the probation thread earlier this year. He reached a resolution with all of the complaining parties at the time he was put on the list. It has been reported that he has since involved himself in other transactions, and not completed them. As the rules go, he will remain on the list until notice of resolution is received from each of those complaining parties. :)

It's interesting that Board members have their own opinions on how to use the information herein, but as there is no enforcement power beyond publication, there is no way to take comprehensive action. 2c

I have no idea. (shrug)

The purpose of this thread is to alert sellers and buyers to Board transactions, that for one reason or another have gone south, and have not been resolved by and between the participants to the transaction.

To impart any greater meaning or duty to this thread is somewhat of a disservice to all. Old man was on the probation thread earlier this year. He reached a resolution with all of the complaining parties at the time he was put on the list. It has been reported that he has since involved himself in other transactions, and not completed them. As the rules go, he will remain on the list until notice of resolution is received from each of those complaining parties. :)

It's interesting that Board members have their own opinions on how to use the information herein, but as there is no enforcement power beyond publication, there is no way to take comprehensive action. 2c

Now translate it so a Greek can understand :)

I have no idea. (shrug)

Now translate it so a Greek can understand :)

Comic books are fun to read and collect!

Please add Superman20 to the list. He asked me to get him 2 SS books signed for him in August, as well I had to buy the books. No payment. I gave him several opportunities to pay and sent multiple PM's (which were read by him), still nothing, so they will be sold by me now.

I also have all the PM's to back up the details in case they are needed.

Alex

Well, October, if it makes you feel any better he stiffed me on a $20 or so sale a couple of months ago too. He even PM'd me and said payment sent (though I'm not sure I had even given him my info!), but it had not been and he didn't respond to several follow-up PMs and I gave up. I didn't feel like making a stink here because he seemed to be paying other people on the forum for purchases with them and it was only $20 of modern duck books. I guess I didn't look far back for the history -- he wasn't on any list.

Edited by the blob