• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,318 posts in this topic

Here's my comic cabinet. The comics are all in Mylites/Arklites with Thin X-Tender/Halfback backing boards. I have not yet properly filed all my magazines in the cabinet with the Mylites. I've now acquired another identical filing cabinet for the job of hosting all my magazines - Drag Cartoons, CARtoons, Hot Rod Cartoons, CycleToons, Mad, Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, Nightmare, Scream etc. This will free up space in my first filing cabinet for the bronze age comics like JLA, Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman and Brave & the Bold that I've not yet bagged in Mylites and filed.

48744-Comiccabinet3.JPG.015638d69c7d5be06a0e7b4fcd7cad86.JPG

48745-Comic2.JPG.70201e8cbafa5d522bd1d2bc0664a035.JPG

48747-Cabinet2aJPG.JPG.600a5e1e233ecc79c3d041dde8c383cc.JPG

48748-Comic3a.JPG.91fc8fd3b7e1af5e919122099339c41e.JPG

Edited by Hepcat

Ringfinger:

So, how much can you fit in there?

About 3500 Silver Age size comic books will fit in the cabinet. It's a 42" wide, five high lateral filing cabinet. Right now, I have over 2100 comics stored in it plus the magazines. Given the fact that I now have two of the monsters sitting side by side, I should be good for another thirty years or so.

i like the set up as well.

i can also see what ComicsAndCode is talking about. For me, I'd be sure to have a rotation for certain books to switch out with the keys every so often to help minimize the light exposure.

i like the set up as well.

i can also see what ComicsAndCode is talking about. For me, I'd be sure to have a rotation for certain books to switch out with the keys every so often to help minimize the light exposure.

Well there's no sunlight in the room, I have very dark tint on that window. I don't think the 80 watt bulb in the ceiling fan will do much damage. Plus I hate to have my favorite books packed up where I can't see them all the time.