• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

And if we're going to have a 'bad day' on this thread, please stick clobberintime on there, too.

He 'bought' a book in the April VCC (yup, you heard that right...the April VCC) and despite numerous attempts on my part to close the deal, he's disappeared.

What was the book?

Jim

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch but im really happy because he just issued me a pending refund which can take up to 7 days. I'll be happy when it clears and this matter is over. He just apologised but didn't give me a reason. I can only assume he is going through some problems. I just sent another e-mail a couple of hours ago and appealed to his conscious and it seems to have worked. Alls well that ends well.

Thanks for all the support everyone, especially Sharon and Jacob (worship)

I'm so glad! I was busy typing when you posted this! and hadn't read it Good for you and good for him! :applause:

And if we're going to have a 'bad day' on this thread, please stick clobberintime on there, too.

He 'bought' a book in the April VCC (yup, you heard that right...the April VCC) and despite numerous attempts on my part to close the deal, he's disappeared.

His excuse was always 'I want to buy more to make the shipping worthwhile', so I'd send him over a list...and I wouldn't hear from him again for weeks. Then we'd play out the same scenario again. :(

My last PM went to him on 24th September, he hasn't read it (although he read all the previous) and my guess is he's done with us here. Nobody seems to have an e-mail for him, so...

He's our latest entrant. (thumbs u

When it rains it pours. I don't get how he can be a board member for 5 years and just string you along like that. I know the type though, probably done with comics for the time being and moved on so it makes no difference to him. Sorry about that.

Cheers, Matt. I'm coming to realise that it's about par for the course around here. meh

I told you I'd pay now just be frecking patience! :sorry:

You actually PAY Nick?? :o :o I just bug him until he sends me my books! :cloud9::acclaim:

:P

People have to pay people now for stuff they "bought"? Damn, no wonder why I owed money to Aces. :( Oh well he's paid up now. :sumo:

What was the book?

Jim

FF #32 in VF+

What was the book?

Jim

FF #32 in VF+

hm

What was the book?

Jim

FF #32 in VF+

hm

hm hm

What was the book?

Jim

FF #32 in VF+

hm

hm hm

He already SOLD it!!! :frustrated:

man all these horror stories really make me only wanna buy from the few i have already bought from.

No, I just got a box of books from someone who was "set up" next to me at the VCC, and they are FANTASTIC, much nicer than expected, well packed, great communication... BadDeacon

I should go put all this on the Kudo's thread...and I will ...but ...I wouldn't lose faith in people, the people mentioned here are really far and few between, we just talk about them a lot.

What was the book?

Jim

FF #32 in VF+

hm

hm hm

He already SOLD it!!! :frustrated:

Its ok I already have a HG copy I was trying to mess with you.

man all these horror stories really make me only wanna buy from the few i have already bought from.

No, I just got a box of books from someone who was "set up" next to me at the VCC, and they are FANTASTIC, much nicer than expected, well packed, great communication... BadDeacon

I should go put all this on the Kudo's thread...and I will ...but ...I wouldn't lose faith in people, the people mentioned here are really far and few between, we just talk about them a lot.

BadDeacon is a member of my Valiantfans family. He's good people! And, has always been a solid person to deal with. :thumbsup:

Isn't this the same guy who started out with the sob story about having to liquidate his collection? He hasn't looked back since...

Jim

I think your right hm

Which now I will ask again the same question. There were a few others that purchased from him, how did their dealings go?

Feedback around here is starting to remind me of Ebay feedback doh!

I purchased a handful of books from him as well and roughly 25% of them were graded by Helen Keller. I havent been on the boards too much recently trying to take care of my dad's estate and saw this thread today. Granted, the books I bought were nothing high dollar, but I would have passed had they been graded better. :(

I dont have the time or the energy to try and reclaim a refund on this one. Hopefully, his mother was really in need and the money at least went to a good cause.

Isn't this the same guy who started out with the sob story about having to liquidate his collection? He hasn't looked back since...

Jim

I think your right hm

Which now I will ask again the same question. There were a few others that purchased from him, how did their dealings go?

Feedback around here is starting to remind me of Ebay feedback doh!

I purchased a handful of books from him as well and roughly 25% of them were graded by Helen Keller.

Question: Do you know why Helen Keller's dog ran away?

Answer: You would run away too if your name was BLLEAUGH!!!!!

:sorry: it's a guilty pleasure...., no animals were hurt in the filming of this picture....., :sorry:

He actually ran away because he was forced to prescreen for 9.4s during convention season...., :P

11/07/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Fandango

(added 11/7/07)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

(added 8/9/07)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

newkingintown

(added 10/18/07)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

:sumo:

Thanx Divad!

CAL :hi:

It hasn’t been 2 weeks but because there is no imminent resolution to this deal, I’m throwing it out here in the “Probation” thread.

I recently bought two of Ghastly’s offerings on these boards:

One is an Eerie #2 described as “VG/F but looks much better”

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=2006025&Searchpage=1&Main=110172&Words=+Ghastly&topic=0&Search=true#Post2006025

I also bought his SSOC lot:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=2007864&Searchpage=1&Main=110223&Words=+Ghastly&topic=0&Search=true#Post2007864

Collectively, I offered $525 shipped to which he agreed. I intended to keep the Eerie and HG SSOCs for my collection, and probably sell off those SSOCs that didn’t make the grade.

I paid via paypal on Nov 10 and the books were shipped on Nov 16 via Fed Ex ground. They did not arrive until Nov 20, a few hours after I left for a 6 day vacation. I had my neighbor pick them up from my front porch and hold them for me until I arrived back Nov 26.

I suspected a problem right away when I opened the box (which was somewhat crushed at one corner) and saw half of the 130+ unbagged SSOC issues scattered around the box; a few were mangled. Apparently Ghastly had tried to stack them on their sides in the box (not flat, and with nothing to bind the books), and added a few sheets of newspaper and a small piece of styrofoam for packing. The Eerie was in a mylar bag between 2 boards among the SSOCs. A few SSOCs were still standing upright but most had scattered throughout the box.

Here’s what the box looked like and a handful of books I didn’t take out to give you a sense of how he tried to pack them; I left the high quality packaging material in the box:

boxcloserda2.jpg

Apparently he tried to run the SSOCs, stacked on their side, across the closer half of the box and put some newspaper between the books and the distal half of the box. Obviously it didn’t keep the books in place.

Here’s some of the books that were folded over by the weight of other loose books:

mangledbettermj5.jpg

I thought at the time I could live with the few books that were obviously mangled due to the inept packaging. But I was a little surprised a long-time forumite would ever package books this way.

I took out the Eerie #2 and opened it to discover the cover was detached, and there were significant spine splits on both the top and bottom. Plus the cover was a little brittle and a piece had flaked off.

firstopenub4.jpg

top spine split a few inches topsplitzj8.jpg

bottom split

bottomsplitfm9.jpg

cover detached

detachbetterhy4.jpg

detached1yp0.jpg

Well now I’m pretty pissed. I begin looking over the SSOCs and after about 50 books where each is off between 0.5-2.0, I decide this buy is going back.

Long story short in his email reply Ghastly asserts all books were fine when they left him. The Eerie left him with no detached cover, no other defects than what he noted, I can contact Fed Ex if the Eerie got damaged en route. He also implies my neighbor could have f’d up the package. I can forget about a refund.

I reply to him this is pretty lame, forum sellers have a certain standard to abide to that he doesn’t seem to understand.

His one line reply is that he will not accept a return.

In the past 30 years I’ve had over a thousand buys and I’ve probably had 3-4 instances where I was compelled to confront the seller. This is one of them. I know when I’ve been hosed, either intentionally or because of abject stupidity. I bought from this guy because I remember somewhere seeing he had some impressive registry set, so I assumed he was a long time forumite who probably knew how to grade. Guess I was wrong about a few things with him.

So if he’s eligible I nominate Ghastly for Forum Probation, and I invite him on here to tell his side of the story.

I’m happy to provide people with the text of our emails via PM, which are somewhat revealing.