• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just an update on the Mravalanche situation. He just read my PM after not checking in all weekend. Has thus far ignored the paypal chargeback, the e-mail i sent him and the PM. This is obviously now a theft.
:sorry:

I can't help but think there must be someway to contact his local authorities in order to help "motivate" this deadbeat. I normally don't like to call others names, but when you take someone's money, don't follow through, and then don't even respond, well... I call them how I see them.

And if we're going to have a 'bad day' on this thread, please stick clobberintime on there, too.

He 'bought' a book in the April VCC (yup, you heard that right...the April VCC) and despite numerous attempts on my part to close the deal, he's disappeared.

His excuse was always 'I want to buy more to make the shipping worthwhile', so I'd send him over a list...and I wouldn't hear from him again for weeks. Then we'd play out the same scenario again. :(

My last PM went to him on 24th September, he hasn't read it (although he read all the previous) and my guess is he's done with us here. Nobody seems to have an e-mail for him, so...

He's our latest entrant. (thumbs u

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch but im really happy because he just issued me a pending refund which can take up to 7 days. I'll be happy when it clears and this matter is over. He just apologised but didn't give me a reason. I can only assume he is going through some problems. I just sent another e-mail a couple of hours ago and appealed to his conscious and it seems to have worked. Alls well that ends well.

Thanks for all the support everyone, especially Sharon and Jacob (worship)

And if we're going to have a 'bad day' on this thread, please stick clobberintime on there, too.

He 'bought' a book in the April VCC (yup, you heard that right...the April VCC) and despite numerous attempts on my part to close the deal, he's disappeared.

His excuse was always 'I want to buy more to make the shipping worthwhile', so I'd send him over a list...and I wouldn't hear from him again for weeks. Then we'd play out the same scenario again. :(

My last PM went to him on 24th September, he hasn't read it (although he read all the previous) and my guess is he's done with us here. Nobody seems to have an e-mail for him, so...

When it rains it pours. I don't get how he can be a board member for 5 years and just string you along like that. I know the type though, probably done with comics for the time being and moved on so it makes no difference to him. Sorry about that.

When it rains it pours. I don't get how he can be a board member for 5 years and just string you along like that. I know the type though, probably done with comics for the time being and moved on so it makes no difference to him. Sorry about that.

Cheers, Matt. I'm coming to realise that it's about par for the course around here. meh

Time to unleash Paratrooper on his ebay auctions. :devil:

I don't think he has any auctions running currently. I wonder if he's still posting on the other chatboard that was mentioned?

He needs to answer the Paypal claim within a certain number of days, or they will find in your favor, and he's aware of that from my claim...so...he should either be producing a receipt for them, or Paypal should honor the claim. That's why I suggested you don't wait, the clock is now ticking for him.

If you used a credit card, ,you should be OK, as well, most credit cards let you dispute a payment at least within 60 days, so you should be OK, even if Paypal messes it up.

I really have a hard time reading people lately, here was someone who posted a number of times stating that he was in trouble and had to sell his books. The first listing made no sense, anyone with any common sense would have known it would not have sold for all that money. He wasn't selling expensive books, mostly junk, yet he came to a chatboard with a bunch of comic book experts expecting to do what? He got some advice, seemed to accept it, although it took a while.

When he did post his separate lists, he seemed genuine, I did think his books would be the grades stated...again they weren't super expensive books and he has those LONG lists, it seemed more he was stressed and or lazy than a scam artist. If he's a crook, he's going about it the wrong way, most of his 99 cent listings on Ebay are costing him money.

Too much of this, just doesn't compute for me. Either he just simply didn't know how to grade and he was too arrogant to admit an error...or he's a member of "the Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight."

I still think someone should try calling him...again, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I think there is too much history.

I am REALLY sorry that you are going through this Matt. I hope it wasn't a lot of money.

Cheers, Matt. I'm coming to realise that it's about par for the course around here. meh

I told you I'd pay now just be frecking patience! :sorry:

I told you I'd pay now just be frecking patience! :sorry:

You actually PAY Nick?? :o :o I just bug him until he sends me my books! :cloud9::acclaim:

:P