Page 5 of 1777 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#1987286 - 10/30/07 10:30 AM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Anfield Fox ]
osborn_fr Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Vernon, Normandy, France
Not really.
No news from Brian (fable on the CGC board, and bolland_collector on eBay).
I hope nothing wrong happened to him.
I'm still waiting for my invoice for 5 CGC books i won on ebay.

No news from him since 10/20/2007. \(shrug\)

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#1987294 - 10/30/07 10:35 AM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Anfield Fox ]
joeypost Offline

Mr. Patience

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: In the land of the blind, the ...
 Originally Posted By: Anfield Fox
I've waited 3 weeks for some books from someone. Not an issue in itself really but i sent said person a PM yesterday regarding status which was read within a couple of hours. A day later and still no response. Now this person has had some problems in the past so it all makes me a little uneasy hm

Matt, I hope we are not talking a large dollar amount here.

#1987482 - 10/30/07 11:47 AM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Anfield Fox ]
nik Offline

Hellenistically Gifted

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Southboro, Mass
Then why stir the pot now?

#1987507 - 10/30/07 11:57 AM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: osborn_fr]
Anfield Fox Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: London, England
 Originally Posted By: osborn_fr
Not really.
No news from Brian (fable on the CGC board, and bolland_collector on eBay).
I hope nothing wrong happened to him.
I'm still waiting for my invoice for 5 CGC books i won on ebay.

No news from him since 10/20/2007. \(shrug\)

You could try pulling his number from eBay and give him a call if he's not responding to e-mails? I do remember dealing with him once some time ago and it was a slow transaction.

#1996540 - 11/03/07 06:49 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Anfield Fox ]
Mac Man Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: CT
... would LOVE to see some nice and early ASMs go up for sale.

My CAF Art Gallery

"Yeah, yeah. He thinks being a Dungeon Master gives him a license to mess with our heads."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Perhaps I should let you encounter kittens and grandmas so as to not upset you."

Pain heals.
Chicks dig scars.
Glory is forever.

#1996640 - 11/03/07 07:42 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Mac Man]
BrianR Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: N. Phx. Arizona
Yeah while there has been some very nice books on the boards. Its been very slow sale wise.

Wanted $$

#1996672 - 11/03/07 08:00 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: BrianR]
Mac Man Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

No doubt about that, just not the titles I'm cruising for. It comes and goes in cycles I guess.

My CAF Art Gallery

"Yeah, yeah. He thinks being a Dungeon Master gives him a license to mess with our heads."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Perhaps I should let you encounter kittens and grandmas so as to not upset you."

Pain heals.
Chicks dig scars.
Glory is forever.

#2000230 - 11/05/07 08:40 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Mac Man]
DrWatson Offline

"What are you armed with?"
"Guess."
"Guess?"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Twatosaurus rex
 Originally Posted By: skypinkblu
 Originally Posted By: OrangeNemesis
man all these horror stories really make me only wanna buy from the few i have already bought from.

No, I just got a box of books from someone who was "set up" next to me at the VCC, and they are FANTASTIC, much nicer than expected, well packed, great communication... BadDeacon

I should go put all this on the Kudo's thread...and I will ...but ...I wouldn't lose faith in people, the people mentioned here are really far and few between, we just talk about them a lot.

Just wanted to comment on the above posts.

This board really is the best place to buy and sell on the Internet. Like Sharon said, the few bad ones are few and far between. We just talk them to death. (Not a bad thing.)

Where else do you have a built in support group (okay, we (I) drop the ball every once in a while, but we (I) do try to pick it back up) to congratulate you on a nice pick up or watch your back when a purchase/sale goes off track.

A lot of times we forget just how nice it really is to be able to talk to the buyer or seller of a book instead of just plucking one from some anonymous seller on the other end of cyberspace.

Besides, I challenge anyone to find another group of buyers and sellers with a higher standard of ethics (as a whole) than the ones who routinely buy and sell here.

Okay, enough of the sappy talk. Let's get back to business. \:\)

"When in a room full of people and no one has your back; it's time to move your back." ~ Anonymous

I think that life's too short for this. I want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I've had enough of this. Blow me... one last kiss.

July 25, 2009.

#2000253 - 11/05/07 08:49 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: DrWatson]
Mac Man Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Couldn't agree more Doc. I think what I like most about the forums sales is that it takes the good from online sales (i.e. eBay) and that of the LCS (don't have to buy it over before figuring out what's wrong with it). Of course, it's not always perfect but it is better than "lucking one from some anonymous seller on the other end of cyberspace." The sellers I buy from are always helpful in providing scans and detailed grading notes about their books beforehand; it's a rare eBay seller that will do so. Plus, there's always some great conversations to be had in between sales!

To be fair though (since I know Sharon will correct me if I don't say so ;\) ) there are some good eBay sellers out there. It's just the consistency is much better here \:\)

My CAF Art Gallery

Pain heals.
Chicks dig scars.
Glory is forever.

#2004528 - 11/07/07 09:57 PM Re: FORUM SALES "DISCUSSION" THREAD [Re: Mac Man]
Shootydog Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Oklahoma City
Has anyone managed to come up with some kind of "Market Report" for the forum? What types/titles/genres are being sold more than others. Basically a Whats Hot and Whats Not sheet kind of like Ebays listing.

Page 5 of 1777 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTS: Grandma's coins
by stldanceartist
11:23 PM
WTB 1963-D Roosevelt MS67* of MS67*FT
by Lablover
08:51 PM
Labor Day Sale - Toners!
by physics-fan3.14
06:16 PM
Today at GreatCollections - NGC Franklins, Morgans, Rare Gold and More
by ianrussell
08/31/14 05:03 PM
Comics Marketplace
Lots of HIGH GRADE RAW BOOKS
by nochips
01:25 AM
Fear 19 and Fantastic Four 46 FS
by bubbagump
01:00 AM
Ending tomorrow! Bryan Hitch, Al Rio, Dheeraj Verma
by alrioart
12:47 AM
JIM 83 Blue Label CGC 1.0
by MarvelOnly
11:27 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.055 seconds in which 0.046 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles IDW Publishing