• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Overdue Kudos to Forumites I've Worked With! (and Official KUDOS Thread for ALL)

OFFICIAL KUDOS THREAD FOR EVERYONE!

It occurred to me that I have not given props to, and acknowledged all the Forum Members that I've done business with recently and going back as well. I can honestly say that we have an abundance of quality collectors/people here that are easy to work with whether buying or selling. A long overdue thanks to all...

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO OFFER KUDOS TO ANY FORUMITE YOU'VE DONE BUSINESS WITH RECENTLY AS WELL... [/i]

=========================================================

I've had the pleasure of working with these forumites more "recently" and/or "multiple times"...

Clint Badberg (JulianXJ)... a passionate fan who wants to read his books and fill runs... incredibly easy to work with and very appreciative for any efforts made on his behalf. Insisted on paying for the undercharge in shipping and I never even brought it up.

Carl De la Cruz (Darthdeisel)... Frankly, he's been complimented more than anyone else on these boards, so I don't need to extoll his obvious virtues. Class act all around. Word is as good as gold and a true gentlemen.

Matt Gilsdorf (Bonds25)... Its been a little while since our last deal, but I must mention the excellent service I received. I hope to work with him more since we both bid on just about everything worthwhile.

Michael Gray (Musicmeta)... a long time eBay friend... back in his aggressive bidding phase, Michael was one of the few bidders that I feared when he wanted a book I wanted too. Anyway, I just completed my first deal with MG as a buyer (although he's been a buyer of my books in the past) and it could not have went any better. Excellent packing too.

Chris Icamen (Cicamen)... a passionate HG key collector... a tough, but fair negotiator. A pleasure to work with and very reliable... true to his word as well. I look forward to many more deals as we like a lot of the same stuff!

Andrew Knight (CaptainsofIndustry)... One of my most valued SA confidants who always takes the time to offer his insight. An easy guy to deal with whether buying from or selling to. Great packing and very reliable. A man of his word... Just don't bring up "shipping issues". Sure hopes he lets me in on some of that SA stockpile he has.

Greg Loey (Greggy)... Always a fair guy to deal with whether buying or selling. He's the (non-dealer) forumite who's responsible for more "keepers" in my collection than any other. Greggy is a much nicer guy to deal with than his persona on the boards suggests. A legendary "gem hunter" before they existed in large numbers. I'm happy I finally found a few books for him too.

Dave Matteini (DAM60)... What can I say that's not obvious? ... A class act that is great to work with. I suspect someday he'll come by and take all 3 long boxes of Batman I have.

Ricky Nguyen (Speedjunkies)... Very cool to work with and a very fair, no hassle guy as well. Offered to pay more for a book I was reluctantly giving up for his MTU run because one in lesser grade sold close to the agreed price... Straight up and wise beyond his years. Also contributes to the comic community by confronting bad apples.

Gene Park (DeLekkerste)... Gene, Paul (Wolvergeek) and I go back to the beginnings of the CGC craze and were in regular contact. We three became good eBay buddies after I helped dissolve the bidding feud between the two. Boy did they go at it back then! Gene has always been easy to work with and helpful.

Jeff Resnick (Jordanabigail)... My good friend and a fellow obsessed highgrade key freak. Jeff is one of the easiest guys in the hobby to work with. Always a smooth deal whether selling to or buying from. Jeff has went out of his way for me on several occasions. I'm happy to have brought him a few of his "Holy Grails".

Mike Shuley (CGCfan)... Another great guy to work with. In our first deal, he upgraded me to overnight shipping because he couldn't get the book out the day he said...that's all you need to know. An honorable collector whose word is solid.

Paul Ferrence (Wolvergeek)... Paul, Gene (Delekkerste) and I go back to the beginnings of the CGC craze. We three became good eBay buddies after I helped dissolve the bidding feud between the two as mentioned. Paul and I have made several larger deals and I'm happy to have brought him his "Holy Grail". He was smart enough to hold onto a couple of books I wanted because he predicted eventually I would... smart guy.

I've had the pleasure of working with the forumites in the past and hope to again...

Richard Hunt (ariach)

Jim Wilkerson (awe4one)

Allan Foreigner (chromium)

Rob Zipperer (clobberintime)

Tomis Erb (comicbookscout/Zen)

David King (davidking623)

Steve Ricketts (dicex)

Mike Pring (drbanner)

Dan Drummond (drummy)

Frank Bartosic (hitman)

Raphael Chang (hogations)

Brian Pegram (lantern)

Mike Lovest (mlovest)

John Billington (mushroom)

Allan Chao (odin88)

Rob Larsen (rob_react )

David Haig (scottish)

Stephen Ferzoco (spider9698)

Steve Sullivan (sullypython)

Sam Grimes (yertle)

John Borba (forgot forum name? )

Drew Folie (forgot forum name?)

Ben Teoh (forgot forum name? )

Harry Miller (forgot forum name? )

and these forum dealers...

Blazingbob

Comgeek

Discountcomics

Flying Donut

GPAnalysis

Heritage

ideal808

Lighthouse

MonumentalCollectibles

Paradise Comics

SuperDuperComics

theComicSheet

Honrable mention... went out of the way to try and help

Blowout

Still trying...

Gman

tod09

In progress...

notch_top

If I've left anyone out...please keep in mind.. I went to art school for 2 years confused.gif

and I'm bound to miss something. Sorry in advance.

Thanks again...

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Gene, Paul (Wolvergeek) and I go back to the beginnings of the CGC craze and were in regular contact.

Ahhh, the good old days, before you became the Bronze Overlord of the Sith and I became Dr. Doom! wink.gif

But, seriously, it's been a pleasure wheeling and dealing, swapping ideas and even butting heads with you over the past 3 1/2 years. Thanks for your help in sourcing some of my most prized books as well as helping me out with new issues during my travels. Your post-9/11 comic care package did not go unappreciated either. acclaim.gif

One of these years I *will* attend a Wizard World East and we will finally meet up...

Gene

ar = Richard

aich = Hunt

To quote a line in "Beyond Thunderdome"..." 'member this ".... insane.gif

Hey Richard... I knew who you were and had your name down??... why'd you post that?? confused.gif

odin88 = Allan Chao! BTW...where's the art hanging? sumo.gif

ar = Richard

aich = Hunt

To quote a line in "Beyond Thunderdome"..." 'member this ".... insane.gif

Hey Richard... I knew who you were and had your name down??... why'd you post that?? confused.gif

Before you edited your list it said "forgot name"....just helpin' you out... crazy.gif