• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,502 posts in this topic

Where to begin? My Silver Age Green Lantern collection is my pride and joy, and I have had much assistance in putting the set together by a few Registry members. Just check it out under "spunkydo" as all of the books have pics. Here are two of my most recent acquisitions. The first is Green Lantern #5 9.4 with the first appearance of the long-time villainous, wheelchair-bound genius, Hector Hammond. The second is Green Lantern #26 9.6 which features the second appearance of the beautiful Star Sapphire. Any specific requests?

Green%20Lantern%20%235%209.4%20W%20(front%20cover).JPG

Green%20Lantern%20v2%20%2326%209.6%20W%20(Pacific%20Coast)%20(front%20cover).JPG

This cover is the epitome of DC's Silver Age "unmasking = loss of sexual innocence" (to put it politely) theme, isn't it? How appropriate for it to include Kane's hot Star Sapphire. The idea that GL and she can't recognize one another is even more hilarious than Lois not recognizing Superman with glasses.

Wonderful copy. I'm always glad to see sharp copies of the graytone covers, since you're taking requests.

Jack

...Here are two of my most recent acquisitions. The first is Green Lantern #5 9.4 with the first appearance of the long-time villainous, wheelchair-bound genius, Hector Hammond. The second is Green Lantern #26 9.6 which features the second appearance of the beautiful Star Sapphire. Any specific requests?

Green%20Lantern%20v2%20%2326%209.6%20W%20(Pacific%20Coast)%20(front%20cover).JPG

Jack,

I'm not sure which is more ludicrous myself, though in Green Lantern's case, he should at least be trying to find out who Star Sapphire is, whereas in Lois Lane's case, she doesn't necessarily want to know who he is in his off-hours. BTW, here are the other two early Silver Age Star Sapphire covers, including her origin and first appearance in #16. (Scroll down for your request.)

Green%20Lantern%20v2%20%2316%209.6%20OWW%20(front%20cover).jpg

Green%20Lantern%20v2%20%2341%209.6%20W.jpg

Now as far as a sharp copy of an early graytone cover, my Green Lantern #8 9.4 is one of the most well-known examples. Here it is in very high resolution for your enjoyment.

John

Green%20Lantern%20v2%20%238%209.4%20OW%20(front%20cover).jpg

This cover is the epitome of DC's Silver Age "unmasking = loss of sexual innocence" (to put it politely) theme, isn't it? How appropriate for it to include Kane's hot Star Sapphire. The idea that GL and she can't recognize one another is even more hilarious than Lois not recognizing Superman with glasses.

Wonderful copy. I'm always glad to see sharp copies of the graytone covers, since you're taking requests.

Jack

...Here are two of my most recent acquisitions. The first is Green Lantern #5 9.4 with the first appearance of the long-time villainous, wheelchair-bound genius, Hector Hammond. The second is Green Lantern #26 9.6 which features the second appearance of the beautiful Star Sapphire. Any specific requests?

Great stuff. More to my point about the sexual tension of the "battles" between GL and SS, just look at his posture on #16.

Is that one of the best known copies of #8? No kidding about the high-res scan. Gorgeous!

Jack

Jack,

I'm not sure which is more ludicrous myself, though in Green Lantern's case, he should at least be trying to find out who Star Sapphire is, whereas in Lois Lane's case, she doesn't necessarily want to know who he is in his off-hours. BTW, here are the other two early Silver Age Star Sapphire covers, including her origin and first appearance in #16. (Scroll down for your request.)

Now as far as a sharp copy of an early graytone cover, my Green Lantern #8 9.4 is one of the most well-known examples. Here it is in very high resolution for your enjoyment.

John

Jack