Page 4 of 141 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#1885835 - 09/04/07 09:43 PM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: Point Five]
namisgr Offline

I never rated a custom title

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The First State
Here's a couple I've got in photobucket:

And one I no longer own, slabbed a 7.5:

#1885846 - 09/04/07 09:48 PM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: namisgr]
Big Daddy Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Surrounded by the Rocky Mounta...
 Originally Posted By: namisgr

Nice! \(worship\)

My CAF Page.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=31456

#1885860 - 09/04/07 09:54 PM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: arexcrooke]
Big Daddy Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Surrounded by the Rocky Mounta...
 Originally Posted By: arexcrooke
nice 23. I do believe that is the first time I have ever saw that cover

Thanks. I love how his tattoos are his powers.

My CAF Page.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=31456

#1885942 - 09/04/07 10:25 PM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: Big Daddy]
spunkydo Offline
Collector

Loc: Hollywood, CA
Where to begin? My Silver Age Green Lantern collection is my pride and joy, and I have had much assistance in putting the set together by a few Registry members. Just check it out under "spunkydo" as all of the books have pics. Here are two of my most recent acquisitions. The first is Green Lantern #5 9.4 with the first appearance of the long-time villainous, wheelchair-bound genius, Hector Hammond. The second is Green Lantern #26 9.6 which features the second appearance of the beautiful Star Sapphire. Any specific requests?

#1886015 - 09/04/07 11:05 PM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: spunkydo]
selegue Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Stone Age

This cover is the epitome of DC's Silver Age "unmasking = loss of sexual innocence" (to put it politely) theme, isn't it? How appropriate for it to include Kane's hot Star Sapphire. The idea that GL and she can't recognize one another is even more hilarious than Lois not recognizing Superman with glasses.

Wonderful copy. I'm always glad to see sharp copies of the graytone covers, since you're taking requests.

Jack

Originally Posted By: spunkydo
...Here are two of my most recent acquisitions. The first is Green Lantern #5 9.4 with the first appearance of the long-time villainous, wheelchair-bound genius, Hector Hammond. The second is Green Lantern #26 9.6 which features the second appearance of the beautiful Star Sapphire. Any specific requests?

#1886096 - 09/05/07 12:06 AM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: selegue]
spunkydo Offline
Collector

Loc: Hollywood, CA
Jack,

I'm not sure which is more ludicrous myself, though in Green Lantern's case, he should at least be trying to find out who Star Sapphire is, whereas in Lois Lane's case, she doesn't necessarily want to know who he is in his off-hours. BTW, here are the other two early Silver Age Star Sapphire covers, including her origin and first appearance in #16. (Scroll down for your request.)

Now as far as a sharp copy of an early graytone cover, my Green Lantern #8 9.4 is one of the most well-known examples. Here it is in very high resolution for your enjoyment.

John

Originally Posted By: selegue

This cover is the epitome of DC's Silver Age "unmasking = loss of sexual innocence" (to put it politely) theme, isn't it? How appropriate for it to include Kane's hot Star Sapphire. The idea that GL and she can't recognize one another is even more hilarious than Lois not recognizing Superman with glasses.

Wonderful copy. I'm always glad to see sharp copies of the graytone covers, since you're taking requests.

Jack

...Here are two of my most recent acquisitions. The first is Green Lantern #5 9.4 with the first appearance of the long-time villainous, wheelchair-bound genius, Hector Hammond. The second is Green Lantern #26 9.6 which features the second appearance of the beautiful Star Sapphire. Any specific requests?

#1886110 - 09/05/07 12:14 AM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: spunkydo]
selegue Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Stone Age
Great stuff. More to my point about the sexual tension of the "battles" between GL and SS, just look at his posture on #16.

Is that one of the best known copies of #8? No kidding about the high-res scan. Gorgeous!

Jack

Jack,

I'm not sure which is more ludicrous myself, though in Green Lantern's case, he should at least be trying to find out who Star Sapphire is, whereas in Lois Lane's case, she doesn't necessarily want to know who he is in his off-hours. BTW, here are the other two early Silver Age Star Sapphire covers, including her origin and first appearance in #16. (Scroll down for your request.)

Now as far as a sharp copy of an early graytone cover, my Green Lantern #8 9.4 is one of the most well-known examples. Here it is in very high resolution for your enjoyment.

John

Originally Posted By: selegue

Jack

#1886291 - 09/05/07 07:36 AM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: namisgr]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Up your kilt with a wire brush...
 Originally Posted By: namisgr

And one I no longer own, slabbed a 7.5:

Bob, any chance either one of thos ebeauts are for sale?
Arex
Check out my Kudos thread!
am looking for the following:

#1886336 - 09/05/07 08:17 AM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: arexcrooke]
chrisco37 Offline

I think mine is coming up soon

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Caltopia
How 'bout some bigger scans? They look small on my 50" monitor.

#1886448 - 09/05/07 09:53 AM Re: Green Lantern Collecting Thread. [Re: chrisco37]
arexcrooke Offline

Stop the hennyclucking

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Up your kilt with a wire brush...

Check out my Kudos thread!
am looking for the following:

Page 4 of 141 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Huge BLACK FRIDAY Sale starting at 12 am November 28th!
by JackieOF
11/24/14 08:28 PM
Comics Marketplace
Anyone interested in a Double Cover Dells?
by gdfisher
02:02 AM
Avengers HUGE Movie Banner
by Secret Son
10:50 PM
TRADE ONLY- Detective Comics 39, 94, 111; Ned Adventure 18, Am. Spider-Man 14
by timecrisisfan
10:36 PM
Turkey Day Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC .5 Blue Cr-OW Pages
by jgallo
10:34 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles