• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ciorac, Detective27Kid, Esquirecomics, Steve Borock , Beerbohm at GEM!

268 posts in this topic

I don't see a copy of The Yellow Kid in that case.

He's in there actually, I'm blocking it.

Great museum, Arnold. I was there back on memorial day weekend and it took my breath away. thumbsup2.gif

Great Pictures! And flee, that was the only time I laughed out loud reading these boards!!! You should be working for Adult Swim!

Bob - If that issue of Dolly is the other book you never had, I have to say its one of my favorites! Lonestar has a Fair copy right now for $4.00 or so....

This thread was a blast, almost as fun as being there must have been! tongue.gif

perhaps the finest group of comic professionals to ever walk the face of the earth... from left to right:

Bob Beerbohm, esquirecomics, Ciorac, showcase-4 and the Detective27Kid

1870230-geppi051.jpg

I don't see chuck confused-smiley-013.gif

yep, out of all the comic books in GEM the only two i had never seen before, Dolly 11 was only one of two books i had never seen before they have on display - and there is a lot of rare stuff in that main comic book room

i highly recommend every one must make a trip to this Comics Mecca

I was in Baltimore with the family and friends this weekend and got a chance to view the museum in person and here are my impressions

1. Not only is GEM wonderful but the sports legends museum in the same building is very nice as well. It is well worth the combo ticket price.

2. My kids loved it. They have been exposed to a bunch of the things in the museum at our home as I collected Cartoon movie posters before comics yet the incredible way they were displayed (I wish I had the room) made even my jaded kids stare in astonishment.

3. The interactive treasure hunt is a great way to keep the kids (and the bigger kids) looking around at even the things that at first glance may or may not appeal to them. One suggestion.... in addition to having a hard and easy choice for questions take it one step further and break the questions into "which decade were you born" to bring a topical and nostalgic aspect to the line of questions and searches.

4. Arnold, please get a U/V shade for the window behind the Superman statue in the center hallway. Even with U/V resitant glass on the artwork, I was cringing at the thought of the pieces on the wall (especially the animation cels) slowly deteriorating over time with direct sunlight. I believe there is also some artwork just off the main entrance near the stairs to the third floor that were also in direct sunlight because of the window at the landing of the stairs.

5. I went to the vistors center at the Inner Harbour (only a few blocks away from the museum) and could not find any literature on the museum there. ( they even advertised the gentlemens clubs there) If I missed it then I apologize, however if you want visitors from out of town to see the museum, the vistitors center is not a bad place to advertise.

6. My only regret was that I would have liked to have had an entire day instead of a few hours to peruse the museums so I guess I will be going back in the near future (sans kids) so I can geek out properly.

Kudos to everyone involved in the setup and maintenance of the museum as I only hope is that it catches on as it is something everyone both young and old can enjoy. (not just us collecting junkies)

i thought there should be brochures at the rest area between Baltimore and DC on 95 - tourists pick up the propaganda - i used to do this in Calif rest stops along interstates when i had my comic book stores - stop at the visitor centers and get a pile pf them placed in each as i saw them

advertising is a lot of work - which pays off

i thought there should be brochures at the rest area between Baltimore and DC on 95 - tourists pick up the propaganda - i used to do this in Calif rest stops along interstates when i had my comic book stores - stop at the visitor centers and get a pile pf them placed in each as i saw them

:bump:

who wants to do it again this summer? ( you might even get your name mentioned in the title of the new thread :gossip: )

Good timing!

I was just reading this thread yesterday and looking at all the fun that was had (thumbs u

who wants to do it again this summer? ( you might even get your name mentioned in the title of the new thread :gossip: )

:hi:

i might be up for it once i recover from upcoming hip replacement operations

Good luck Bobby :wishluck:

I am always up for it, especially if Zaid is hosting the cook-out again :)

and another ball game (shrug)

...and this time, assuming its hot and sunny like last year, we can squeeze in a little pool ( the kind you swim in ) party at my house.....and I'll provide some frozen adult beverages with the little umbrellas on top :insane:

...and this time, assuming its hot and sunny like last year, we can squeeze in a little pool ( the kind you swim in ) party at my house.....and I'll provide some frozen adult beverages with the little umbrellas on top :insane:

I'm in

If I'm in town, happy to host a comic cook-out. (thumbs u

sounds like an annual event ....

yup....except starting this year, we should have our GEM group tour during the Baltimore ComicCon weekend, so more of our Boards brothers can join us. Now that I planted this seed, I think Mark may need a bigger grill !

sounds like an annual event ....

yup....except starting this year, we should have our GEM group tour during the Baltimore ComicCon weekend, so more of our Boards brothers can join us. Now that I planted this seed, I think Mark may need a bigger grill !

Not to worry, I have an annual holiday party for 200+ guests so I am prepared! :applause: