• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

How many comics do you currently have in your collection? My collection isn't huge, but is rapidly increasing in size, and I'm just curious as to how large the average collection is here smile.gif

Mine is currently somewhere in the range of 120-130 (I think).

I have about 4,250 right now, mostly raw Marvels from Silver Age thru modern. Went thru a buying spurt (ebay addiction) where the priority mail boxes were arriving daily and the collection grew rapidly. Now, I've slown down and am a *little* more focused.

8,280 all Archie comics & digests, no duplicates and doesn't count foriegn language editions.

893whatthe.gif

How long have you been collecting? One of the members on my Archie Comics board has about 1700 and I thought that was ridiculous!

I had no idea there were that many Archies!!

How long have you been collecting? One of the members on my Archie Comics board has about 1700 and I thought that was ridiculous!

Theres 1,854 digest alone and I never collected the Katy Keene or TMNT digest!

The 6,426 comics does include 52 issues of That Wilkin Boy, 52 of Suzie and 90 issues of Wilbur, (and some other smaller runs, like Cosmo the Merry Martian) but no Katy Keene, no Superheroes, no Hedgehogs, no turtles (I do have some of these but only when Archie &/or the Gang appear in them and they are not included in that total.

The numbers I really watch now is I need

5 digest to upgrade to all VG or better.

17 fair and and 138 good to upgrade all 25 cent cover and earlier comics to at least VG

1 good and 77 VG to upgrade all 30 cent cover and later to at least FINE

So a total upgrade list of 238 comics and digest.

I also need 7 Top-Notch and 25 Zip to get all the early appearnces of Suzie and Wilbur (but I haven't been trying to hard on those).

Hows that for being a total Archie geek?

8,280 all Archie comics & digests, no duplicates and doesn't count foriegn language editions.

hail.gif

I have around 8K books. Only about 2500 of them are Archies... frown.gif

Edited by 143ksk