• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hey, he said he doesn't speak graemlin, but is that wave a little limp if you know what I mean?

gossip.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Uh oh, am I starting more 893censored-thumb.gif

Well, flamed.gif on, I'll go get my fire suit on...

(waiting for a response, or has he really put me on ignore?) grin.gif

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Hey, he said he doesn't speak graemlin, but is that wave a little limp if you know what I mean?

gossip.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Uh oh, am I starting more 893censored-thumb.gif

Well, flamed.gif on, I'll go get my fire suit on...

(waiting for a response, or has he really put me on ignore?) grin.gif

I have found that trying to get along with board members works much better than your current methods. This is not the way to gain respect on these boards. Just some friendly advice. You reputation is at stake here, and your current path will lead to destruction. tonofbricks.gif

6/2/07 PRE-VCC PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

comicseekers

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Nascar

Just so everyone knows.... Comicseekers has made good on his deal with me and I have no outstanding issues with him.

Best,

Chris

6/3/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

Nascar

Please add Lighthouse to the list. I just lost an opportunity to get a Flash #123 signed by both Joe Kubert and Carmine Infantino for the Signature series. I have been waiting for more than a month and a half for books he was supposed to have sent me. He is ignoring my PM's, and I have had enough.

Considering I have always supported him and purchased from him multiple times, even after waiting 8 months once, this is the final straw. This was the first time Joe Kubert has signed in 5 years, who knows if I will be able to get both of them on this book ever again.

Whatever, put him on the list to warn others. Christo_pull_hair.gif

6/13/07 PROBATION UPDATE

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

lighthouse

Nascar

That's the final nail in the coffin for Lighthouse.

I dunno . . . 500 comic bags arrived at my door on Monday - don't know how he made any money on them, as he sold them for cost (shipped). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I mean, even if they fell off the truck, unless he works for the Post Office, the dude lost money. grin.gif

That's the final nail in the coffin for Lighthouse.

I dunno . . . 500 comic bags arrived at my door on Monday - don't know how he made any money on them, as he sold them for cost (shipped). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I mean, even if they fell off the truck, unless he works for the Post Office, the dude lost money. grin.gif

I agree...I got 1500 bags last week, arrived in great shape and he wound up paying double in shipping what he thought and still sent them through to keep his word to me.

Chris

That begs the question then of why hasn't he responded to AlexH?

Actually, it begs the question why people continue to purchase from LH in light of his prior history.

Actually, it begs the question why people continue to purchase from LH in light of his prior history.

Because although it sometimes takes just short of a century, the guy usually comes through. I've bought from him multiple times, and he's always delivered and at some pretty good prices.

Because although it sometimes takes just short of a century, the guy usually comes through. I've bought from him multiple times, and he's always delivered and at some pretty good prices.

Perhaps, but there are many, many other dealers out there who always deliver and price their goods competitively, and are a tad quicker, too.

Speed of delivery is as important as any other facet of the transaction - apart from solid packing, maybe the most important. I believe that Alex H's complaint wasn't that he wasn't going to receive the books, but that he wanted them before one of Joe Kubert's very rare signings, and he didn't get them in time.

Us fanboys are a nervous lot as you know Vince, and after several months of non-delivery the anxiety that one is not going to receive the books one has paid for becomes too large to ignore.

I am sorry that you did not get your book in time for the rare signing opportunity.

I got my bags from lighthouse. they took a little longer than I might have expected, but the cost of shipping was almost 1/2 of the price I paid so i have no issues with him.

6/20/07 PROBATION UPDATE

bronzejunkie

Cap_FFreak

comicmankev

donavan74

Nascar

Hate to do this but I must.....

Forum member 'old man' is over 30 days delinquent on payment for some books he bought from me in early June. Like 30 dollars worth of stuff, an IM Special and some Worlds Unknown books. He said his paypal was messed up and ask to send a check or MO. I said sure and sent him the address. Haven't heard or seen anything from him since. I've PM'd a few times with no response.

He was a good customer prior to this so maybe something happened. I was going to just ignore it but people should probably know.

7/6/07 PROBATION UPDATE

bronzejunkie

Cap_FFreak

comicmankev

donavan74

Nascar

old man