• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

Very nice setup, Dee Dee!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Any plans to showcase more of the comics you are keeping in the closet?

Yeah, I've been thinking of buying some of those frames for slabs on ebay... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Right now i keep the comics in long and short boxes in the closet because its nice and cool in there, and because if i leave them out, i'll just end up tripping over them and breaking my neck tongue.gif

I think Chris (Beyonder) makes custom-design frames. Shoot him a pm. He might be able to set you up.

Very nice setup, Dee Dee!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Any plans to showcase more of the comics you are keeping in the closet?

Yeah, I've been thinking of buying some of those frames for slabs on ebay... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Right now i keep the comics in long and short boxes in the closet because its nice and cool in there, and because if i leave them out, i'll just end up tripping over them and breaking my neck tongue.gif

I think Chris (Beyonder) makes custom-design frames. Shoot him a pm. He might be able to set you up.

Thanks for the tip thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the tip thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Well just as much a collectibles room as it is a comics room, here is my little slice of 1970's/1980's pop culture. Well represented here is everything I loved as a child...comic books, Star Wars, Kiss and Atari smile.gif This first shot is what it looks when you first enter

ComicRoom001.jpg

Here is a shot of the Goblin wall

ComicRoom013.jpg

and a 2nd shot of the Goblin wall

ComicRoom012.jpg

my comic rack

ComicRoom004.jpg

One of my display cabinets with statues, as well some O/A on the wall

ComicRoom003.jpg

some 70's key books and Atari stuff in another display cabinet

ComicRoom005.jpg

some unproduced vintage Star Wars packaging and slabs

ComicRoom006.jpg

my Kiss homage

ComicRoom007.jpg

loose toys and Secret Wars set

ComicRoom008.jpg

yes I put a bed in the middle of my room...it's where I go to read or just think and get away from everyday life smile.gif

ComicRoom009.jpg

my FF#1 and other slabs

ComicRoom010.jpg

and because I am running out of room, some of the stuff overflows outside of my little "slice of heavan" and is displayed outside of the theatre/gaming room.

ComicRoom011.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jim

Nice palantir on the desk...., 893whatthe.gif

comicroom4.jpg

Cool, huh? smirk.gifinsane.gif

Does Sauron give you good collecting counsel? confused.gif

Well just as much a collectibles room as it is a comics room, here is my little slice of 1970's/1980's pop culture. Well represented here is everything I loved as a child...comic books, Star Wars, Kiss and Atari smile.gif This first shot is what it looks when you first enter

ComicRoom001.jpg

ComicRoom013.jpg

ComicRoom012.jpg

my comic rack

ComicRoom004.jpg

ComicRoom003.jpg

ComicRoom005.jpg

ComicRoom006.jpg

my Kiss homage

ComicRoom007.jpg

ComicRoom008.jpg

yes I put a bed in the middle of my room...it's where I go to read or just think and get away from everyday life smile.gif

ComicRoom009.jpg

my FF#1 and other slabs

ComicRoom010.jpg

and because I am running out of room, some of the stuff overflows outside of my little "slice of heavan" and is displayed outside of the theatre/gaming room.

ComicRoom011.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jim

somebody shops at cloud city thumbsup2.gif

Joker: How would you know that? Actually haven't dealt with them since Tom Derby sold the company.

Johhny: Yep you'll see me for sure

Chris: Yep, you have definitely contributed a good amount to my collection. smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

Jim

ComicRoom001.jpg

ComicRoom013.jpg

ComicRoom012.jpg

my comic rack

ComicRoom004.jpg

ComicRoom003.jpg

ComicRoom005.jpg

ComicRoom006.jpg

my Kiss homage

ComicRoom007.jpg

ComicRoom008.jpg

ComicRoom009.jpg

my FF#1 and other slabs

ComicRoom010.jpg

ComicRoom011.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jim

Sweet!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I love the room. My wife and daughter keep trying to talk me into buying a bigger house by offering, "you can have a comic room" as part of the deal. After seeing some of these rooms, I have to say 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am curious about some of your books and items. Is the art on the wall a reproduction of the cover of Spidey 136? Who did it? I would love to see a close-up. And the graded Spidey 122. And the Amazing Adventures 11 and Spidey 129. And.... [which is my way of saying "sweet books" thumbsup2.gif]

Steve

ComicRoom001.jpg

ComicRoom013.jpg

ComicRoom012.jpg

my comic rack

ComicRoom004.jpg

ComicRoom003.jpg

ComicRoom005.jpg

ComicRoom006.jpg

my Kiss homage

ComicRoom007.jpg

ComicRoom008.jpg

ComicRoom009.jpg

my FF#1 and other slabs

ComicRoom010.jpg

ComicRoom011.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jim

27_laughing.gif Wait till you move out of Mom's house.

Steve: Heres a pic of the #136 when it appeared for sale with Heritage

136.jpg

and the day I brought it home

meand136.jpg

and what it looked like right after framing

IM001237.jpg

As for the books, the #122 is the Don Rosa 9.4. and the others you asked about are higher grade raws. Thanks for your kind words.

And for Deathlok, here's me taking some books out of my Moms car smile.gif

IM000972.jpg

Jim