• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

Well organized and nicely done.....GOOD JOB

Thanks!

I am trying to catalog everything I have. If I keep it to the 50 or so boxes in the room, it seems more manageable. Once I go through 5 boxes, they go to storage and 5 more come out.

Well, that's been the plan anyways... sometimes I get lost in the nostalgia and nothing gets done! insane.gif

C'mon... no-one else gonna show us your stash?

John thumbsup2.gif

Sweet room Johnny G and I need a set up like that one day. cloud9.gif

Thanks neighbor smile.gif

It looks good now (clean). Trying to keep it that way is a different story! I have a bad back and wanted a system where I didn't need to lug boxes around... this does the job perfectly headbang.gif The shelving is super strong and collapses easily. I believe that it can also be added to (extra height).

It's not one of the best rooms, but for me, it is heaven! I've decided to put a 24" TV on the top shelf of the middle rack.. comic movies in the comic room smile.gif

I know there are others out there with some pretty sweet set-ups, maybe some will post over the weekend.

John confused-smiley-013.gif

Love it! I'd like to do something up but I have a small house and a roommate. Most of my stuff is secure in a closet. I do have some framed posters though, right now Superman and Joker/Harley Quinn (both Alex Ross) are in my living room .

While I don't have enough of a collection to justify a dedicated room, I do have a "comic cabinet" as part of my media room :

DSC00806.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

On the opposite wall is the home theater set-up:

DSC00809.jpg

Ahhhh... very nice! Elegant hail.gif

Love the TV over the fireplace!

John thumbsup2.gif

Johnny G: Where did you get those shelves? Home Depot? They look familiar. Looks like short boxes fit perfectly on them. Nice set-up!

I got the shelves at Lowes... under $80ea and they fit 25 shorts perfectly! I do recommend getting a wood panel and having it cut to fit the shelves. They are "rods" so they can dig in to the boxes and perhaps books. It also makes it much easier to "slide" a box out. I just bought 2 Maple panels (matched desk in previous room) and had them cut right at the store... tack on another $30 or so.

I do believe they have similar at costco... I believe the ones there even have wheels and a "lip" on the back confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks!

John thumbsup2.gif

Johnny G: Where did you get those shelves? Home Depot? They look familiar. Looks like short boxes fit perfectly on them. Nice set-up!

I got the shelves at Lowes... under $80ea and they fit 25 shorts perfectly! I do recommend getting a wood panel and having it cut to fit the shelves. They are "rods" so they can dig in to the boxes and perhaps books. It also makes it much easier to "slide" a box out. I just bought 2 Maple panels (matched desk in previous room) and had them cut right at the store... tack on another $30 or so.

I do believe they have similar at costco... I believe the ones there even have wheels and a "lip" on the back confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks!

John thumbsup2.gif

It's funny to see how people think differently. I've used similar shelves from Metro (before less expensive versions became available) for about 12 years and now buy mine from Target. I actually like the rod set-up on the shelves and haven't put boards underneath the boxes. In my mind, it allows air circulation, prevents micro-environments from forming and discourages insect activity. I definitely see your point, though--I know I'm careful when I slide out a box.

Also, I typically pick the black finish, which is, I believe, epoxy, with less off-gassing danger. I'm sure I've overthought this.