Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#1620648 - 03/08/07 09:47 AM COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE
ft88 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Baltimore MD

{I MOVED THIS AND RE-TITLED IT SO EVERYONE CAN CONTRIBUTE WITHOUT TURNING THE ACTUAL GUIDELINES POST INTO A LONG COMPLICATED THREAD -- ARCH}

Please post general grades too.

"Buying ASM 84"

OK. "CGC 9.4" or "Fine or better"

Edited by Architecht (03/08/07 09:54 AM)

#1620649 - 03/20/07 09:17 PM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: ft88]
MCMiles Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 3-2-1
I would like to know how everyone feels about posting scans of books with no price as a response to a thread with in that thread.

For instance, If someone posts " Want to buy ASM #50 in VF", and I have one that might fit the bill. Is it acceptable to post it in that thread and take offers from that buyer rather than completely by PM.

I personally think it should be ok, because the comcic has been solicited to buy, not for sale. If the buyer passes, or fails to make an offer that works for both parties, it will also give other board members the chance to make an offer if they might be interested. (the originator of the thread should have right to first refusal of course.)

What does everyone else think?

#1620650 - 03/20/07 11:31 PM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: MCMiles]
Rodey Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Mayor of Rodneyville
I don't have a problem with it. I actually would rather see it up front. Eventually I will ask for a scan anyways. Like you said, I'm sure others might be interested if the 1st party wasn't. This is a community.

#1620651 - 03/21/07 07:48 PM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: MCMiles]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: bolinas lagoon
I think if you post it in the WTB thread, it should still meet the guidelines for a sales thread, i.e., it should be posted with a BIN price you are committed to. If a lower price is worked out via PM, so be it, but items should be listed with a price acceptable to the seller.

#1620652 - 03/21/07 11:27 PM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: divad]
qualitycomix Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Montgomery, Alabama
Quote:

I think if you post it in the WTB thread, it should still meet the guidelines for a sales thread, i.e., it should be posted with a BIN price you are committed to. If a lower price is worked out via PM, so be it, but items should be listed with a price acceptable to the seller.

but David, maybe they just want to put a feeler out there for what books they are looking for. Do they have to put a price point on every book on their want list?
Buying All-Star Squadron #47 Original Art and NM/MT copies

#1860259 - 08/23/07 01:59 PM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: qualitycomix]
nik Offline

Hellenistically Gifted

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Southboro, Mass
I think the WTB section would be more genuine if people actually put a price (like Grails did) of what they will spend along with a grade.

This would cut down alot of wasted time responding to a WTB thread only to hear crickets chirping in return.

#2610463 - 09/12/08 03:55 AM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: nik]
mstrange Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Wanted Unrestrored in VG or better conditon
Captain America Comics 36
More Fun Comics 65
Suspense Comics 3

#2639248 - 09/28/08 08:19 PM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: nik]
jtlarsen Offline
Collector

>I think the WTB section would be more genuine if people actually put a price

I see your reasoning, but as a potential buyer, I have to say, not all vfs are created equal. I wouldn't want to commit to a specific price for a specific grade, without knowing what defects are responsible for that grade, you know?
http://thrillbent.com/comics/the-endling/the-endling-volume-1-chapter-1/#1

#2686920 - 10/22/08 04:54 PM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: jtlarsen]
ignimbrite Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I was wondering how often we can post our want lists. I realize we are only supposed to bump out posts three times but if we do not have a response in a few months is it bad form to re-post the list?

I have finished my Wonder Woman 9.4 or better run #178-#203!

#3040375 - 03/24/09 12:30 AM Re: COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON GUIDELINES FOR USE [Re: ignimbrite]
icculus308win Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Barrington, IL
 Originally Posted By: ignimbrite
I was wondering how often we can post our want lists. I realize we are only supposed to bump out posts three times but if we do not have a response in a few months is it bad form to re-post the list?

What is the "Law of The Land" for reposting?

I offered I thought a VERY good offer for a want book- a lot of views but no replies.

Curious to hear what is the P.C. way to go about this?

Go Cubs Go!

Bear Down Chicago Bears!! (*uck Cutler though)

Lets Go Hawks!!! Lets Go Hawks!!! Lets Go Hawks!!!

"These should have boards in them - Bloody Savages!!"
"Oooh man.......Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning."

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Architecht, dena, cgcmod, cgcmod2, cgcmod3, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTB 2014-P 5 oz ATB Smoky Mountains 25C NGC SP70 Early Releases
by NamesJay
03:32 PM
1921 Peace dollars for sale
by Nutmeg Coin
11:40 AM
1813 Classic Head Large Cent PCGS VF35
by AnkurJ
09:52 AM
1848 French Pattern 20 Francs in Gold
by RWB
07:35 PM
Comics Marketplace
Apr 2014 Quasi VCC booth: $5 & $10 books
by paperheart
3 Late BA Marvel Magazines - Starlin,Adams,Perez,
Golden,Chaykin,Russe
ll,Miller

by faster friends
East of West 1 Forbidden Planet Variant CGC 9.9 SS sign by Hickman and Dragotta
by Hulk44
05:21 PM
East of West 1 Forbidden Planet Variant CGC 9.9 Blue Label --- Boardie Discount
by Hulk44
05:19 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum