• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

It matters to some people, and I don't begrudge them that, but it's not mattered to me. I've passed the 1,000 milestones a few times and it never occurred to me to start a post celebrating my post count or calling attention to it. Usually what happens is I'll go to read something and notice that I just passed a 1,000 anniversary. Oh well. I'd rather be engaged in posts or conversations rather than monitor how many posts I've made or are going to make.

I think early on it was en vogue for people to start a thread for a major milestone number of posts and use it say something profound about the boards, what the community has meant to them, and what they've learned from their participation here. At some point it seemed to devolve into a contest to see who could have the biggest post count and now you see people patting themselves on the back for posting 1,000 times. Oh, Hooray yeahok.gif.

Unfortunately, quantity too many times has taken precedence over quality. I'd rather have people post less and say something meaningful rather than post constantly while saying or contributing nothing.

confused-smiley-013.gif

It matters to some people, and I don't begrudge them that, but it's not mattered to me. I've passed the 1,000 milestones a few times and it never occurred to me to start a post celebrating my post count or calling attention to it. Usually what happens is I'll go to read something and notice that I just passed a 1,000 anniversary. Oh well. I'd rather be engaged in posts or conversations rather than monitor how many posts I've made or are going to make.

I think early on it was en vogue for people to start a thread for a major milestone number of posts and use it say something profound about the boards, what the community has meant to them, and what they've learned from their participation here. At some point it seemed to devolve into a contest to see who could have the biggest post count and now you see people patting themselves on the back for posting 1,000 times. Oh, Hooray yeahok.gif.

Unfortunately, quantity too many times has taken precedence over quality. I'd rather have people post less and say something meaningful rather than post constantly while saying or contributing nothing.

confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-rantpost.gifstooges.gif

No, not really. (I DO like it when the title changes) I always like to discuss & bring up topics & get peoples' opinions on matters of importance (at least important to me). I actually have learned a lot going back and reading old posts & seeing what a lot of people have to say about different topics. I HAVE noticed that Greggy DOES have a lot of graemlin posts & rarely types more than a sentence stooges.gifpoke2.gif...(Hi Greggy hi.gif)

I just wish single graemlins didn't count towards post counts (assuming that they do).

See greggy's post count. poke2.gif

Post counts really don't matter to me. They are rarely a good indicator of the quality of the poster's character.

The only reason my post count would matter to me is if I were selling in the Marketplace and people were avoiding me due to my low(-ish) post count rather than my poor merchandise and high prices. insane.gif

Not too important, no. Although I've heard mention of a few boardies not wanting to buy/sell from anyone with a post count lower than xxx. I do agree with djpinkpanther67, though, I enjoy seeing that little title below my name change from time to time.

yay.gifWoohoo!!! # 534!!!!!! yay.gif

Andy