• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

post counts are pretty useless. if you can't figure out if someone is worth being friendly to or not after about six posts, then you shouldn't be on a message board. some people come around after bad first impressions, but they are few and far between.

only a total loser would be impressed at someone else's post count. and that goes double for someone impressed by their own post count

That's good to know.Other wise the board would look this. grin.gif

post counts are pretty useless. if you can't figure out if someone is worth being friendly to or not after about six posts, then you shouldn't be on a message board. some people come around after bad first impressions, but they are few and far between.

only a total loser would be impressed at someone else's post count. and that goes double for someone impressed by their own post count

So what are you trying to say about Greggy?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it is what some people live for.

(looks at the post above his)

yeahok.gif

893whatthe.gifshy.gif

What is really sick is when people make postings to celebrate that they have reached a certain postcount, dont you agree MK?

stooges.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

893whatthe.gifshy.gif

What is really sick is when people make postings to celebrate that they have reached a certain postcount, dont you agree MK?

stooges.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

i'm probably one of five people on this site that doesn't think about greggy all the time, so i really don't know if i am trying to say anything about the man

i'm probably one of five people on this site that doesn't think about greggy all the time, so i really don't know if i am trying to say anything about the man

gossip.gif six people...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

893whatthe.gifshy.gif

stooges.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

893whatthe.gifshy.gif

stooges.gif

seriously. yeahok.gif

post counters are cool, accumulating post counts is cool..

I personally don't think about post numbers, except like 69, 666, you know, the fun ones like birthdays and when applicable, anniversaries.

It's cool getting divorced because you get an anniversary for the start of the relationship, and then a new anniversary for the break up, if you keep track of those sorts of things.

What I look for is how LONG they have been on the boards.. there's the tell.

Ive cared about my post counts here. Not at first, but once they started to add up I enjoyed watching me pass so many members on the list. And When I somehow got onto the second page of posters when sorting from most to least, it became a challenge. I kept watching the milestones pass by: 7000, 8000. 9000. then finally 10000. Then I made it to the top page. Hooray! and even inched up a few notches. But at this point, I was mostly passing lapsed members who no longer post at all. And the guys above me? well, they were moving away in the other direction. My posts werent keeoing up with them.

So now Im sliding downward as new people are posting like crazy. Soon Ill drop back to page 2. Alas. Im just not posting enough anymore to keep up. After awhile, I think Im just repeating myself. And dont feel a need to add my comments to every discussion. All part of the natural progression I guess, except for guys like Greggy who somehow keep piling up posts, graemlins and otherswise!! So , thanx for asking!

Ive cared about my post counts here. Not at first, but once they started to add up I enjoyed watching me pass so many members on the list. And When I somehow got onto the second page of posters when sorting from most to least, it became a challenge. I kept watching the milestones pass by: 7000, 8000. 9000. then finally 10000. Then I made it to the top page. Hooray! and even inched up a few notches. But at this point, I was mostly passing lapsed members who no longer post at all. And the guys above me? well, they were moving away in the other direction. My posts werent keeoing up with them.

So now Im sliding downward as new people are posting like crazy. Soon Ill drop back to page 2. Alas. Im just not posting enough anymore to keep up. After awhile, I think Im just repeating myself. And dont feel a need to add my comments to every discussion. All part of the natural progression I guess, except for guys like Greggy who somehow keep piling up posts, graemlins and otherswise!! So , thanx for asking!

Your spelling seems to have improved -- perhaps there's a correlation. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif