• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

Every day I check Comiclink.

Every day I check Pedigree.

Every day I check PGC Mint.

Every day I check CGC 100 on Ebay.

Every day I check DC 100 on Ebay.

High grade DC 100 pagers (9.6-9.8) attract high prices.

They just ain't out there folks.

JC, please tell me again how there are millions of high grade 70's raw comics.

I personally believe that 100 pagers in high grade aren't all that common.

Which ones are you still looking for? I just sold about 50 in 8.0-9.4 in the marketplace and there are 40 more where that came from waiting to be sent to CGC. Plenty of 9.6-9.8 candidates. Just ask Greggy, he cherry picked a few.

Which ones are you still looking for? I just sold about 50 in 8.0-9.4 in the marketplace and there are 40 more where that came from waiting to be sent to CGC. Plenty of 9.6-9.8 candidates. Just ask Greggy, he cherry picked a few.

gossip.gif

Greggy's right. You gotta keep beating all the bushes.. even the old ones.

I got in some of Andy's 100 pagers today, and even though mine only ranged from 8.5 to 9.2, they are all keepers. It will take me a long time to upgrade off of these!

Shep

I have all of them in VF or better (except #5 7.0 Christo_pull_hair.gif).

I only have 2 CGC 9.8 and 24 9.6, so I still need a lot.

If you would be so kind to PM me a list when you get them back from CGC, I may be willing to pay more than what you would ask in the marketplace. I also understand you and Greg are probably friends, and that he would get the list first.

At least PM me when you are getting ready to post them on the boards. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks.

I put my collection of these together back in the pre-internet early '90s, and was able to find most of 'em in higher grades (or really sharp mid-grades) for next to nothing. I bought a big chunk of the romance issues from Mile High (in VF/NM) for around $8 each, which seemed like a lot for (ugh!) romance comics back then. I think CBM or one of the fan mags also did an article on them in the mid-'90s (w/checklist), which probably increased their visibility somewhat, and put more people on the trail. So are they less common now than they were back then? Yeah, probably. But I agree with Greggy and Shep: they ARE out there...

I have to agree on one hand with ICEFIRES on the depletion of 100 pagers in the "market area".

But like GREGGY stated sometimes you have hit the old "haunts".

They eventually turn up. (And sometimes you have to fight for them too thumbsup2.gif)

I put my collection of these together back in the pre-internet early '90s, and was able to find most of 'em in higher grades (or really sharp mid-grades) for next to nothing. I bought a big chunk of the romance issues from Mile High (in VF/NM) for around $8 each, which seemed like a lot for (ugh!) romance comics back then. I think CBM or one of the fan mags also did an article on them in the mid-'90s (w/checklist), which probably increased their visibility somewhat, and put more people on the trail. So are they less common now than they were back then? Yeah, probably. But I agree with Greggy and Shep: they ARE out there...

OK.

So if a DC 100 pager suddenly becomes worth what a Hulk 181 is, there would eventually be 122 CGC 9.6 or above (current Hulk 181 census) copies of that issue?

So if a DC 100 pager suddenly becomes worth what a Hulk 181 is, there would eventually be 122 CGC 9.6 or above (current Hulk 181 census) copies of that issue?

Impossible to say for sure. But my guess is that, in general, if demand increased substantially due to a massive (and unlikely) spike in prices, then, yeah, more high grade copies of these books could possibly emerge from personal collections.

But which DC 100-pager, exactly, will EVER approach Hulk 181 in terms of overall collector demand? The only one that comes close is probably this one...

DC SS #5

...a book which, while obviously in shorter supply (in all grades) than Hulk 181, also has a much more limited overall appeal than the first appearance of Wolverine. And I really don't think that's likely to change. Do you?

I found this one...but there is a 9.8 out there somewhere:

DC16.jpg

dc16ld8.jpg

Dunno who has the other. When I won this book from Bobcat back in the day, I didn't expect him to list another one a few months later. The other guy paid $100 less. I recall my copy being slightly better centered though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I found this one...but there is a 9.8 out there somewhere:

DC16.jpg

dc16ld8.jpg

Dunno who has the other. When I won this book from Bobcat back in the day, I didn't expect him to list another one a few months later. The other guy paid $100 less. I recall my copy being slightly better centered though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

too bad about that SCS in the LR though sorry.gif