Page 3 of 121 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1460079 - 11/22/06 05:36 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: drbanner]
blowout Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Beyond The Horizon
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I dont like the part where posts have to start with"WTS:" its too blah

I agree.

Also, the part about "threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page" is a big disappointment. I realize Arch is trying to prevent serial bumping, but a week seems much too long to keep any momentum. Speaking as one of the "little fish" that the guidelines are presumably trying to protect, I would have lost out on most of my sales if this had been in effect before.

I agree with both sentiments.

So do I.

I don't think a time limit should be put on the bumping of a thread, rather a number of bumps limit should be applied. Say for example three seller bumps after all other activity has ceased?

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#1460080 - 11/22/06 05:42 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: blowout]
Point Five Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: NYC
Sounds good to me!

#1460081 - 11/22/06 05:45 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: esquirecomics]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: bolinas lagoon
Quote:

How about that all perceived violations are to be reported to the administrator for action, or to the creator for correction, and that any spams within the thread by forumites attacking the conduct (which, in fact, may turn out to be inaccurate) itself constitutes a rule violation.

How about we just tie-up and gag all of those free-thinking nogoodniks.

#1460082 - 11/22/06 05:48 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Pirate]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Quote:

I love everything but the bump part. What constitutes a bump? The actual graemlin by the seller or someone coming along with a corny post to shoot it to the top? ON busy days, you could lose the front page in 5 minutes.

Obviously, correspondence within the thread, or the addition of books for sale to a thread cannot be construed as a bump, except by "incorigible recidivists"

#1460083 - 11/22/06 05:49 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Architecht]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Quote:

You may comment here.

Thanks Arch, as always, stellar work.

#1460084 - 11/22/06 05:50 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Architecht]
Zonker Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Quote:

ok

Gratuitous bumps, meaning a post that says nothing more than... ??

If you post more books to your thread, bumping it back to the top, that's okay, right? Also, I believe the number of posts/page is user configurable, so we'd never have a standard for "front page."

I'd prefer some rule that says you can reply to your own final post once ("bump") but no successive bumps allowed. The "final post" is understood to be the latest post where a new book is being offered, or some real inquiry from a potential buyer is being answered.

But frankly, I'd do away with the bumping requirement altogether-- seems an invitation for the creation of shills to do the bumping, or log-rolling between forum members to keep their stuff on top.

Put me down for disliking the "WTS" label requirement as well.

Edited by Zonker (11/22/06 05:52 PM)

#1460085 - 11/22/06 05:52 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Zonker]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I for one, don't think that "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!" is corny . . .

#1460086 - 11/22/06 07:10 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Architecht]
Aces Offline

Seemed lonely sitting around with no custom title.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Phil's Parking Lot
Quote:

You may comment here.

= Great
= Good
= Huh?

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

So I can sell my old clothes in the other marketplace?

2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.
-Except for sig links right?

5. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

6. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

7. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

8. List acceptable forms of payment

9. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10. Threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page.
How am I gonna know exactly when a week went by...?
This one should be dropped since it's way to easy to break when your buddies can bump your threads asking for scans or by making offers. Or you can add a new book to the thread everyday... How is this going to be inforced?

11.Thread title must start with "WTS:" and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.
I'm not even sure what WTS is... Want The Sale?
I use "For Sale".

My thoughts:

Keep 1 - 9 and drop 10 and 11.

My Auctions

Board Feedback

#1460087 - 11/22/06 07:29 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Aces]
Ezekiel_Rage Offline
Hobbyist

Loc: Limbo
More of a best practice but it would be great if there was a standard to posting follow-ups on sold items. I for one prefer doing business with sellers that will go back and update the first post in a thread and denote what has been sold. As a prospective buyer I don't want to have to go through 5 pages of flame wars or graemlin wars to figure out what still for sale.

Just my $0.02

#1460088 - 11/22/06 07:44 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Ezekiel_Rage]
Anfield Fox Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: London, England
Quote:

More of a best practice but it would be great if there was a standard to posting follow-ups on sold items. I for one prefer doing business with sellers that will go back and update the first post in a thread and denote what has been sold. As a prospective buyer I don't want to have to go through 5 pages of flame wars or graemlin wars to figure out what still for sale.

Just my $0.02

Good point BUT after a certain amount of time you can't go back and edit a post (perhaps this could be changed?).

Page 3 of 121 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Closed
by F. Palma
10:19 AM
1832 Bust Half PCGS XF45CAC Amazing Toning! 1839 Bust Half NGC AU55 CAC Newman!
by AnkurJ
10:43 PM
Looking to move - 2001 Gold Capital Visitors Center PCGS MS70 - $1695
by jgrinz
07:36 PM
Changes Found - Color Toning 1964-D Jefferson Nickel - FREE
by A.Phillips
07:12 PM
Comics Marketplace
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and 3 first prints
by ft88
CGC slabs! Manifest Destiny #1 & #1 Ottley variant!
by slym2none
Strange Tales 94 CGC 7.5
by Johnny545
01:13 PM
Ebay Auction Style CGC Slabs! Starting price is 0.01$! Secret Invasion Variants!
by Swordflame
01:05 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing 125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum