• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

I'm coming to this late, but here's my essential question.

1) I list a book for sale on the forum. It is for sale NO WHERE ELSE.

2) The book sits there for three days.

3) The book doesn't sell.

4) I then put the book for sale on eBay AFTER it has done steps 1, 2, and 3.

5) Where does that thread go?

I hate to be a , but I'm not going to put any more Western Missouri books up until I get an official answer to this. I'm tired of people *spoon* all over my sales thread. I thought that I had followed every "unwritten" rule, and then came to see 100 posts about how I was pimping my books. The books from the Western Missouri collection will be put up here first, if they aren't sold within three days, I'll delete them off the thread and put them on eBay.

Somebody official tell me what the rules are for my situation, and I'll follow them.

Only Arch can answer your question, but to me:

The original thread doesn't go anywhere...I suppose you could start a new thread in the ebay forum advertising those sales if you wanted, but I anticipate that you'll hurt someone's feelings if you wrap up the original post with "These are all now on ebay - click here to see my auctions". Personally, I wouldn't care if you did, and probably 98% of the people here (aka the silent majority) wouldn't care either. thumbsup2.gif

I don't believe Arch intended the "Forum Guidelines" to be rigid rules, but rather guidelines of what constitutes appropriate behaviour. Sort of like the "No Alcohol Allowed" policy at most National and State Parks - my wife and I arent' going to get in trouble for drinking some wine with our dinner, but the group of teenagers that brought a keg for their all-night party probably will. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's the logical course of action:

1) Start a new thread on the EBay/Dealers section complete with auction/store/account link.

2) Post a link to that THREAD (not your EBay account or auctions) in the original Forum-Only thread to point people to the EBay sales forum.

I hate to be a , but I'm not going to put any more Western Missouri books up until I get an official answer to this. I'm tired of people *spoon* all over my sales thread.

I'm going to come out an apologize for being a part of that particular mess, and although Mark was clearly way over the line with his dealer spam and IMHO deserved all the flak he got, your sales thread was much closer to the line, and suffered mostly because Mark kept dropping your name as his "business partner".

Only Arch can answer your question, but to me:

The original thread doesn't go anywhere...I suppose you could start a new thread in the ebay forum advertising those sales if you wanted, but I anticipate that you'll hurt someone's feelings if you wrap up the original post with "These are all now on ebay - click here to see my auctions". Personally, I wouldn't care if you did, and probably 98% of the people here (aka the silent majority) wouldn't care either. thumbsup2.gif

I don't believe Arch intended the "Forum Guidelines" to be rigid rules, but rather guidelines of what constitutes appropriate behaviour. Sort of like the "No Alcohol Allowed" policy at most National and State Parks - my wife and I arent' going to get in trouble for drinking some wine with our dinner, but the group of teenagers that brought a keg for their all-night party probably will. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I get it . . . they are rules for everyone else, but they're only guidelines for me grin.gif

I hate to be a , but I'm not going to put any more Western Missouri books up until I get an official answer to this. I'm tired of people *spoon* all over my sales thread. I thought that I had followed every "unwritten" rule, and then came to see 100 posts about how I was pimping my books. The books from the Western Missouri collection will be put up here first, if they aren't sold within three days, I'll delete them off the thread and put them on eBay.

Somebody official tell me what the rules are for my situation, and I'll follow them.

Clearly Dan, you cannot grasp even basic concepts. grin.gif

893blahblah.gif

I hate to be a , but I'm not going to put any more Western Missouri books up until I get an official answer to this. I'm tired of people *spoon* all over my sales thread.

I'm going to come out an apologize for being a part of that particular mess, and although Mark was clearly way over the line with his dealer spam and IMHO deserved all the flak he got, your sales thread was much closer to the line, and suffered mostly because Mark kept dropping your name as his "business partner".

Oh my gosh, JC is admitting he did something wrong!!!! IS THE WORLD GOING TO END? yeahok.gif

So, in every post you make are you going to continually raise these issues? I'll send CNN over to your house if you are that desperate for publicity and friends.

I agree. It all looks pretty good except 10 and 11. The idea to limit bumps to three isn't too bad though. As for 11, basically all the threads are WTS (or as I prefer, FS).

Marc

Agree with all the rules basically, except the bumping where i share the view that it cannot be inforced anyhow, so why bother confused-smiley-013.gif

Other than that, great work and great step in the right direction thumbsup2.gif

one suggestion:

Why not make it a rule that it is not allowed to hijack other peoples sales threads by spamming, rediculing the books or the prices or rediculing the seller?

Basically we could have a rule that replies in a WTS thread has to be either:

1) a takeit.gif

2) a quesiton about the book, or shipping or anything else related to the sale

3) reference to seperate PM's allready send or intended to be send

IMO that would increase the clarity of the threads and limit the amount of time us buyers has to spend throlling through a 12 page sales thread with only 3 books init..

How does that sound ? confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

How about that all perceived violations are to be reported to the administrator for action, or to the creator for correction, and that any spams within the thread by forumites attacking the conduct (which, in fact, may turn out to be inaccurate) itself constitutes a rule violation.

*inaccurate* 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I guess if you childishly delete ALL your offending posts, it's pretty tough for Arch to catch you. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Oh yea, the ones Arch told YOU didn't violate the rules. yeahok.gif

Give it a rest already.

I'd recommend you ask him again - he just read what was there, after the fact, which was NADA after you deleted it.

Smart move though, you knew you were gonna get whacked, so deleted everything before the hammer fell. thumbsup2.gif

Yo Esq., just to see if the adjusted rules are clear enough, do you feel you'd be in the right, posting the EXACT same message that caused this furor?

Want To Sell – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1) Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2) No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3) It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4) Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

5) It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

6) List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

7) List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

8) List acceptable forms of payment

9) Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10) Threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page.

11) Thread title must start with "WTS:" and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

You're right. Tell me what I'm not grasping here. Tell me HERE, not in a graemlin laden PM. What did I do wrong that bothered you? Tell me what the rules are and I'll follow them.

You're right. Tell me what I'm not grasping here. Tell me HERE, not in a graemlin laden PM. What did I do wrong that bothered you? Tell me what the rules are and I'll follow them.

Nice. btw, I didn't send you a graemlin laden PM. You don't bother me at all. grin.gif

How about that all perceived violations are to be reported to the administrator for action, or to the creator for correction, and that any spams within the thread by forumites attacking the conduct (which, in fact, may turn out to be inaccurate) itself constitutes a rule violation.

*inaccurate* 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I guess if you childishly delete ALL your offending posts, it's pretty tough for Arch to catch you. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Give it a rest already.

Why don't you take your own advice and let it drop?

At this point you guys aren't doing anything but embarrassing yourselves. Show some self-restraint. foreheadslap.gif