Page 2 of 122 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1460069 - 11/22/06 04:45 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: nik]
Architecht Administrator Offline

We apologise again for the fault in the moderation. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

It's POSSIBLE that your competitive spirit has displaced your sense of courtesy.

Pedigreed

Loc: Chicago area
Quote:

No more corny headlines

You can add the corn at the end.
Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius -Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#1460070 - 11/22/06 04:46 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Architecht]
nik Offline

Hellenistically Gifted

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Southboro, Mass

#1460071 - 11/22/06 04:54 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Architecht]

We apologise again for the fault in the moderation. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

It's POSSIBLE that your competitive spirit has displaced your sense of courtesy.

Pedigreed

Made these changes:

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.
Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius -Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

#1460072 - 11/22/06 04:59 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Architecht]
MutantKeys Offline

Zoinks, Scoob! What do you mean "get a haircut"?

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New York
Sounds good

#1460073 - 11/22/06 05:00 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: MutantKeys]
JJBEE2001 Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Sunny California
Sounds easy enough!

New Adventure Comics 12-15, 17, 22-27
Adventure Comics 32, 34, 36, 41, 43, 49

#1460074 - 11/22/06 05:07 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Point Five]
drbanner Offline

I think all the people repeatedly crying about not getting a custom title should be inducted into the "Crybaby Crew", and forever carry that as their custom title!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 3rd rock from the sun
Quote:

Quote:

I dont like the part where posts have to start with"WTS:" its too blah

I agree.

Also, the part about "threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page" is a big disappointment. I realize Arch is trying to prevent serial bumping, but a week seems much too long to keep any momentum. Speaking as one of the "little fish" that the guidelines are presumably trying to protect, I would have lost out on most of my sales if this had been in effect before.

I agree with both sentiments.

#1460075 - 11/22/06 05:12 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: drbanner]
Pirate Offline

My packages take better vacations than I do

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Home of the BUZZARDS
I love everything but the bump part. What constitutes a bump? The actual graemlin by the seller or someone coming along with a corny post to shoot it to the top? ON busy days, you could lose the front page in 5 minutes.

KUDOS THREAD

Looking to buy Batgirl Special pages by Barry Kitson,
ORIGINAL ART

#1460076 - 11/22/06 05:19 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Architecht]
joe_collector Offline

Ok ok. JC Superstar. But only because he martyred his ID.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Titan
Excellent work Arch, and the only small addition I'd have is to not allow transactions through an outside dealer site or email ordering system.

Sounds logical, but right now, it's allowed under the current rules, assuming no live URL to the site (just a generic "Go to XXX comics and order") is posted.

Otherwise, a HUGE step in the right direction.

#1460077 - 11/22/06 05:21 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Pirate]

Pedigreed

ok
How often should a poster be allowed to bump their thread?
You may choose only one
Four days after the thread falls off the front page.
Three days after the thread falls off the front page.
Two days after the thread falls off the front page.
One day after the thread falls off the front page.

Votes accepted starting: 11/22/06 05:21 PM
View the results of this poll.

#1460078 - 11/22/06 05:25 PM Re: Comment thread for forum guidelines [Re: Architecht]
esquirecomics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Washington, D.C.
How about that all perceived violations are to be reported to the administrator for action, or to the creator for correction, and that any spams within the thread by forumites attacking the conduct (which, in fact, may turn out to be inaccurate) itself constitutes a rule violation.

Page 2 of 122 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: 3 NGC graded Irish Pennies
by agentjim007
Today at 07:12 AM
Today: Coin Auctions by GreatCollections - Superb Half Dimes, Morgans and More
by ianrussell
Yesterday at 02:05 PM
FSH: Nuclear toned 1969-d pcgs ms64 Kennedy Half dollar, Rainbow Washingtons too
by PCcoins
Yesterday at 01:53 PM
1819/8 Capped Bust Half NGC VF30 O-102 on Ebay
by A.Phillips
07/26/14 09:13 PM
Comics Marketplace
My biggest EBAY SALE OF THE SEASON
by Revat
16 minutes 16 seconds ago
Selling fresh out of the case Bronze and Silver to help pay for nieces musical
by comickat
40 minutes 52 seconds ago
SDCC 2014 Exclusive Tyler Stout Guardian of the Galaxy Mondo
by Battle
43 minutes 48 seconds ago
Blazincomics "Because It's Only $10" Sales Thread
by blazincomics
Today at 01:19 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 17 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles