• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I agree.

Also, the part about "threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page" is a big disappointment. I realize Arch is trying to prevent serial bumping, but a week seems much too long to keep any momentum. Speaking as one of the "little fish" that the guidelines are presumably trying to protect, I would have lost out on most of my sales if this had been in effect before. confused-smiley-013.gif

Also, the part about "threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page" is a big disappointment. I realize Arch is trying to prevent serial bumping, but a week seems like too long. I would have lost out on most of my sales if this had been in effect. confused-smiley-013.gif

When was this put into effect confused-smiley-013.gif

• Administrator

Made these changes:

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

I dont like the part where posts have to start with"WTS:" its too blah shy.gif

Also, the part about "threads may not be bumped to the top until a week after they have fallen off of the front page" is a big disappointment. I realize Arch is trying to prevent serial bumping, but a week seems much too long to keep any momentum. Speaking as one of the "little fish" that the guidelines are presumably trying to protect, I would have lost out on most of my sales if this had been in effect before. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree with both sentiments. thumbsup2.gif

I love everything but the bump part. What constitutes a bump? The actual graemlin by the seller or someone coming along with a corny post to shoot it to the top? ON busy days, you could lose the front page in 5 minutes.

Excellent work Arch, and the only small addition I'd have is to not allow transactions through an outside dealer site or email ordering system.

Sounds logical, but right now, it's allowed under the current rules, assuming no live URL to the site (just a generic "Go to XXX comics and order") is posted.

Otherwise, a HUGE step in the right direction. 893applaud-thumb.gif

How about that all perceived violations are to be reported to the administrator for action, or to the creator for correction, and that any spams within the thread by forumites attacking the conduct (which, in fact, may turn out to be inaccurate) itself constitutes a rule violation.