• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age marketplace links
8 8

1,585 posts in this topic

Ok, based on discussion in other threads I'm going to try this out and see what happens.

-----edit: The original rules (printed below) were designed to make this thread extremely unobtrusive to an otherwise capitalism-free forum. However, if you guys would rather have scans and all that, fine. Majority rules.-----

This thread is for LINKS to marketplace posts related to the sale of Golden Age books. If you're selling a GA book, post it in the marketplace like usual (with description, scan, price, etc), then come to this thread and post the link.

No scans or lengthy written descriptions in this thread! (edit: unless you want to, apparently. It's a work in progress, I know). That all happens in your marketplace post to which you've linked. Don't treat this like $0.99 listing day on eBay and continually post/bump the same books over and over again. And with the formation of this thread, it's now especially gauche to use other GA threads to try and push books you may have for sale. Putting everything here will prevent forum pollution and keep our GA experience clean.

I believe there's somewhat of a chicken/egg problem with selling GA books in the marketplace. Relatively few GA posters frequent that forum, because few GA books are listed there, because few GA posters frequent that forum, etc. If this inspires more GA sales, great. If not, this thread will (and should) sink off the front page and I apologize for the effort.

I will now post a few examples of how this should work, based on existing marketplace threads.

Edited by CentaurMan

Someone sell me a nicely centered Action between 30 & 51, CGC 5.0 to 7.5.

up to 5.0 now is it.. 4.5 no longer good enough ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

4.5 is good enough for Action #44. Know anyone who's got one for sale? poke2.gif

If this inspires more GA sales, great. If not, this thread will (and should) sink off the front page and I apologize for the effort.

Well, you've gotten it off to a good start. thumbsup2.gif

Now since this would be an allowable post on the retailer marketplace thread, am I allowed to just make a short and sweet post: http://www.houseofcomics.com/goldenagecomics.html ?? I will have a lot of individual GA forum member only books that I'll be offering soon but I think it's about two weeks away. I have to take a little vacation before the big HOC scan project starts.

Marc

4.5 is good enough for Action #44. Know anyone who's got one for sale? poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif um.... I might know someone who's got that issue shy.gif

you know, I've seen some 4.0s recently that look really nice,..

are you eyeing anything in the upcoming C-link auction ??

are you eyeing anything in the upcoming C-link auction ??

Yes. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Where have you seen some nice 4.0s lately?

You going after that Action 43 CGC 5.0 on eBay?

conversation taken off-line so as to not pollute the newly created GA marketplace forum thumbsup2.gif

I'm not even going to bother with the Mplace, I hope thats not an issue on this thread specifically. Free shipping tot he US

Wyatt Earp #1 $22

cd17.jpg

Whiz 100 CGC 8.5 $275

whiz100ab.jpg

whiz100.jpg

Wonder Woman 21 CGC 7.0 $250

ww21lab.jpg

ww21.jpg

frustrated.gifI can't believe, I missed out on the Action #105 X-mas cover about an 8.0 I think it was the second link in this thread.