• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,762 posts in this topic

In keeping with the publisher and title threads that have been so active lately, here is a thread in which to post Adventure Comics, including its predecessor titles. I will start things off with the first issue (from the "S" pedigree):

1410482-NewComics1%283%29.JPG

Cue to Wynn to post #2.

1410482-NewComics1(3).JPG.1109fe83e8fee0a6ddf10ead630895e0.JPG

Edited by RareHighGrade

Again, I don't have a lot of mine scanned yet, but here are a few. I absolutely LOVE this run of covers. I consider these books to be the pinnacle of the early Golden Age.

adventure24.jpg

Win that is a beautiful #24. The pages look bone white. Is it a pedigree?

Doubtful. It has a sealed spine split, but is otherwise unrestored (I believe).

Here is another of the early New Comics, no. 5. Admittedly, these covers pale in comparison to the Flessels.

What impresses me about this New 5 is that the few other copies I've seen have discoloration fade on the front cover (as if it is unstable). Peter, to your knowledge is that true for this title - first 6 issues - or maybe just this particular issue?

STEVE Got Larson?

Again, I don't have a lot of mine scanned yet, but here are a few. I absolutely LOVE this run of covers. I consider these books to be the pinnacle of the early Golden Age.

adventure24.jpg

Wow! I've never seen the NA #24 before! Gorgeous looking copy, and really cements Flessel as one of the best artists that has worked in comics! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here is another of the early New Comics, no. 5. Admittedly, these covers pale in comparison to the Flessels.

What impresses me about this New 5 is that the few other copies I've seen have discoloration fade on the front cover (as if it is unstable). Peter, to your knowledge is that true for this title - first 6 issues - or maybe just this particular issue?

STEVE Got Larson?

The first six issues of New Comics, like the first few issues of More/New Fun, are on unglossed paper stock. Therefore, they all have a greater tendency to fade. It is rare to find one with rich colors like your More Fun #7. For some reason, the #5 experiences more fading/discoloring than any other issue. I don't know why.