Page 6 of 133 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#1381423 - 09/26/06 01:00 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: FFB]
CentaurMan Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

Quote:

If folks want to see more of the New Comics humor covers, let me know (I have most of them). Otherwise, I will move on to some of the Flessel covers.

I am reminded of the line by the Caribbean woman at the end of the movie "Trading Places," who, when asked by Coleman whether she wants the lobster or the cracked crab for lunch, replied, "Can't we have both?"

Also, do you have a #40?

I bet it'll be dwarfed by RHG's #40, but here's mine:

One of my few slabbed books. Blue label 5.0.

#1381424 - 09/26/06 01:02 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: CentaurMan]
Scrooge Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Midwest
Quote:

One of my few slabbed books.

Crack it. Crack it ... unless you break my heart and tell me you have another reading copy?

#1381425 - 09/26/06 01:02 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: CentaurMan]
october Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicagoan Abroad

Have I seen that one yet? I don't think so...

#1381426 - 09/26/06 02:21 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: CentaurMan]
FFB Offline

At long last I feel regular.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If folks want to see more of the New Comics humor covers, let me know (I have most of them). Otherwise, I will move on to some of the Flessel covers.

I am reminded of the line by the Caribbean woman at the end of the movie "Trading Places," who, when asked by Coleman whether she wants the lobster or the cracked crab for lunch, replied, "Can't we have both?"

Also, do you have a #40?

(image snipped)

#1381427 - 09/26/06 02:27 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: Scrooge]
CentaurMan Offline
Chatzilla

Quote:

Quote:

One of my few slabbed books.

Crack it. Crack it ... unless you break my heart and tell me you have another reading copy?

Actually, I'm keeping it slabbed for now because of the long tear in the bottom right corner (which brings the grade down to a 5.0; the book is gorgeous otherwise). I feel as though the slab is keeping the tear from getting larger, and given that I handle my books quite a bit (see any Chicago forum dinner), I can't be trusted with not exacerbating it.

#1381428 - 09/26/06 02:57 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: CentaurMan]
sacentaur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Here
Quote:

Wowzers Win, I can't compete with that...very nice presentation (I'd love to see that copy out of its tomb!).

May I ask if it's a small or large logo label, and what is the page quality?

STEVE Got Larson?

#1381429 - 09/26/06 03:15 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: sacentaur]
CentaurMan Offline
Chatzilla

Quote:

Quote:

Wowzers Win, I can't compete with that...very nice presentation (I'd love to see that copy out of its tomb!).

May I ask if it's a small or large logo label, and what is the page quality?

STEVE Got Larson?

Small logo (old label), cream to off-white pages. Label also notes "very minor amount of glue on cover", so technically it's one of those restored blue label books. I've been unable to spot the glue through the slab, but I'm not surprised by that (I imagine it could be at the spot of the bottom corner tear for conservation, but I can't see it). Although I'm a Centaur guy according to my user name, I'm a big fan of this book and obviously took my avatar from it.

#1381430 - 09/26/06 03:26 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: FFB]
RareHighGrade Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Also, do you have a #40?

Centaurman, that is one beautiful book, and it won't be eclipsed by my copy since I don't own one. Back when I was actively looking for a #40, I couldn't find one in the grade I wanted. Now, the book has become so valuable in high grade that it is cost prohibitive to buy one.

RHG

#1381431 - 09/26/06 03:47 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: RareHighGrade]
CentaurMan Offline
Chatzilla

I'll keep the thread from getting bogged down on my Adventure #40 by posting one of my other favorites, #37:

I forget who did the cover; was it Flessel or O'Mealia? Looks like Flessel but I thought he usually signed his work.

#1381432 - 09/26/06 03:49 PM Re: Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics [Re: CentaurMan]
october Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicagoan Abroad
Quote:

I forget who did the cover; was it Flessel or O'Mealia? Looks like Flessel but I thought he usually signed his work.

That has been a definite point of contention in the past. There was a thread about it somewhere in this section. If I remember correctly, the final consensus was that it was indeed Flessel. I will see if I can dig up the thread.

Page 6 of 133 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  plitch, Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
4 BU Mint Set Franklin Halves
by stldanceartist
11:05 AM
For Sale - Nice 1936 Buffalo
by TheTdotP
09:17 AM
Choice 1820/19 Large Cent PCGS VF35 CAC! Gorgeous 1877S Double Eagle & More!
by AnkurJ
07/23/14 08:14 PM
Toner sale
by AstroTrain
07/23/14 06:44 PM
Comics Marketplace
Giant Size X-Men 1 CGC 5.5 White Pager!
by Dr. Balls
Showcase #24 CGC 3.5 Cr/OW - $100 Shipped!
by Nikelspot
Friday modern sale, high grade NOW 30% OFF & a FREE BA12
by Junkdrawer
11:36 AM
Legendary Inker JOE GIELLA CGC SS Batman & Superman
by Par2ch
11:01 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing