Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1358944 - 09/07/06 11:43 AM Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BID
esquirecomics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Washington, D.C.
I was sent the Heritage errata list for this week's Signature auction.

This is current as of today, September 7, 2006. Additional changes may still be forthcoming.

Lot Number Correction
50005 Not the Mile High Copy.
50012 Not the Mile High Copy.
50035 Grade is VF, not NM.
50039 Grade is Apparent VF/NM. There is color touch along the back cover spine and minor amount of glue.
50040 Grade is Apparent VF/NM. There is color touch on the back cover.
50042 Grade is Apparent NM. There is some color touch at bottom corner.
50044 Grade is Apparent NM. There is some color touch on the spine.
50045 No lot.
50046 No lot.
50047 Grade is FN+, not NM-.
50054 Not the Mile High Copy.
50101 Grade is Apparent NM-. There is some color touch on the front cover.
50127 Our description should read "Based on this copy's quality and provenance, we think it may be the Mile High copy."
50143 Our description should read "Based on these copies' quality and provenance, we think they may be the Mile High copies."
50146 Probably not the Mile High Copy.
50147 Not the Mile High Copy.
50160 Not the Mile High Copy.
50176 Not the Mile High Copy.
50178 Our description should read "Based on this copy's quality and provenance, we think it may be the Mile High copy."
50288 Not the Mile High Copy. Appears to be the Cosmic Aeroplane Copy.
50356 Grade should be shown as VF, not NM.
50374 No lot.
50379 Color touch along back cover crease.
50417 Grade should be shown as Apparent VF/NM. There has been some color touch and a small amount of glue is present.
50455 Not from the Mile High pedigree, but do appear to be File Copies.
50472 Our description should read "Based on this copy's quality and provenance, we think it may be the Mile High copy."
50500 Key Comics #1 has two extra staples and some color touch along the spine.
50504 Grade is VF, not NM+. There's a water stain on the back cover.
51086 No lot.
51087 No lot.
51142 The grade for Real Life Comics #51 is VF-.
51147 Not the Mile High Copy, but does appear to be a File Copy.
51151 Not the Mile High Copy, but does appear to be a File Copy.
51153 Not the Mile High Copy, but does appear to be a File Copy.
51156 Not the Mile High Copy, but does appear to be a File Copy.
51169 Grade is Apparent VG. There is glue along the spine and a large tear on the back cover.
51222 Grade is Apparent NM. Three staples have been added to the original one.
51262 Not the Mile High Copy.
51285 Probably not the Mile High Copy.
51300 Since CGC has determined that another copy of Wambi #5 is, or may be, the Mile High copy, our description should read, "Based on this copy's quality and provenance, we think it may be the Mile High copy."
51579 No lot.
51587 No lot.
51588 No lot.
51622 No lot.
51627 No lot.

#1358945 - 09/07/06 11:45 AM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BI [Re: esquirecomics]
Point Five Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: NYC

#1358946 - 09/07/06 11:59 AM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BID [Re: esquirecomics]
The Black Hand Offline

The Common Man
meets
Regular People

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Here Now
So is this a list that heritage sends out every time they have an auction, or did someone request it? Also, what does this mean for every auction they've held?Are there a lot of incorrectly described books that have been purchased?
RIP Rick, my best buddy.9/8/37-8/28/14

#1358947 - 09/07/06 12:02 PM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BI [Re: esquirecomics]
CentaurMan Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Chicago
Ok, I've checked all the lot numbers, and here's a key message to Walt Kelly fans:

If you've already bid on any of the Animal Comics, watch out! Many turned out to have restoration and a couple of the multiple issue lots have been pulled.

Otherwise it's generally a bunch of random corrections. What's odd is that they've changed some Church designations within a run of esoteric books which were all declared to be Church books but left the others as is. You've got to question the entire run if you question 1 or 2 of the issues within the run, right?

Feels like Heritage worked too quickly to get this out in the months between McLaughlin's death and Geppi's grand opening.

#1358948 - 09/07/06 12:03 PM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BI [Re: The Black Hand]
esquirecomics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Washington, D.C.
Quote:

So is this a list that heritage sends out every time they have an auction, or did someone request it? Also, what does this mean for every auction they've held?Are there a lot of incorrectly described books that have been purchased?

I personally have never seen Heritage issue an errata before but I am sure it has been done. Not uncommon as a general matter. The list is to be made available on site at the auction, and I presume posted somewhere on their website.

As far as past auctions,

#1358949 - 09/07/06 12:03 PM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BI [Re: esquirecomics]
Point Five Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: NYC
Hard to know where to even begin here, but I like this one:

51222 Grade is Apparent NM. Three staples have been added to the original one.

Sure, anyone could miss a few extra staples on a 9.4 book!

#1358950 - 09/07/06 12:17 PM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BI [Re: Point Five]
Theagenes Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Florida
Question for you attorneys: At what point does "errata" become "fraud"?

AnAgeUndreamedOf.Com

#1358951 - 09/07/06 12:22 PM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BI [Re: Theagenes]
CentaurMan Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Chicago
I'm not a lawyer (my loss, I know), but here's my answer: It would become borderline fraud after the auction, if they didn't run any of these corrections and then hid behind their "no returns based on grading, false pedigrees, or artificially-brightened scans" boilerplate.

I'm happy to see them make these corrections. I'm sorry they had to.

#1358952 - 09/07/06 12:29 PM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BI [Re: CentaurMan]
bobpfef Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Minnesota
Quote:

Ok, I've checked all the lot numbers, and here's a key message to Walt Kelly fans:

If you've already bid on any of the Animal Comics, watch out! Many turned out to have restoration and a couple of the multiple issue lots have been pulled.

Otherwise it's generally a bunch of random corrections. What's odd is that they've changed some Church designations within a run of esoteric books which were all declared to be Church books but left the others as is. You've got to question the entire run if you question 1 or 2 of the issues within the run, right?

Feels like Heritage worked too quickly to get this out in the months between McLaughlin's death and Geppi's grand opening.

Dang! I am the underbidder on a few of these. I am hoping the current high bidders don't pull out and then *I* am left paying way more then I would for color touched books. Is there anyway to get my bid retracted even though I am not the current high bidder?
Looking for FN Little Lulus #6, 12 and 23

#1358953 - 09/07/06 12:36 PM Re: Heritage Signature Auction ERRATA List - IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOU PLAN TO BI [Re: CentaurMan]
Theagenes Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Florida
Well, I'm really starting to wonder about the "Church" copy I got last week in the Amazing auction. There certainly wasn't any errata list. It's a non-coded book so now that see all these "errors" in the Sig auction I have to wonder. It has nice white pages and was a relatively low dollar book, but the doubt is gnawing at me.

AnAgeUndreamedOf.Com

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  plitch, Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
New coins added to website, more to come this weekend
by stldanceartist
03:02 PM
eBay, 99c starting 10/23: nice 1600s/1700s "holey" silver coins + some fossils
by lordmarcovan
01:08 PM
Error Coins for Sale
by Jon Sullivan
12:14 PM
Huge Currency Auction This Saturday Oct. 25th
by EastCoastCurrency
01:16 AM
Comics Marketplace
6 walking dead CGC 9.8 books
by Jking3437
X men # 94 CGC 6.0 WHITE PAGER
by Jking3437
$1.00 AUCTION - SUPERMAN #43 - ENDS 6PM PST FRIDAY
by comicartcom
Zenescope CGC Books & Special Edition Trades & Hardcovers! Ends 10/26/2014!
by WalkinWillie
Advertisements

Generated in 0.049 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles