• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,853 posts in this topic

Thanks Frederic!!! Some more of my beloved ST's:

One of the hardest silver age books in high grade. Only 1 each of 9.0,9.2,9.4,9.6:

st103f.jpg

Luckily for us there's plenty of 8.5 (5 copies!) that being said, I never saw one...

Edited by frederic9494

Paul,

Just wanted you to know those beauties are on their way to you as I type these words. We all owe Frederic a lot of thanks for starting a great thread. Strange Tales are just awesome, undervalued books and this thread brings back some great memories whereby I was able to put together (from purchases, trades, late-night meetings at NJ diners, moments of insanity, etc) the entire Pacific coast run of Strange Tales (every issue from 101 to 168 plus I also had all the Doctor Strange 169-183 issues!!). The final piece was a qualified 8.0 (or 7.5 I think) issue $127 I got from Roter just to complete the run (gorgeous book but it had a piece off the back cover)

When I started Pedigree, I knew I had to pare down and needed the PC doubles for inventory, but I still have about 90% of the PC's and the ones that were sold I had already replaced with a higher graded boston or Northland, etc. Being an FF fanatic, I truly love the pre-Nick Fury issues and cherish this run as much as any other I have.

If Frederic doesn't mind, i'll send him scans of the PC Strange Tales (they are all mostly 9.6 and 9.8 which is mind-boggling) and some other high grade ones to list here. It will give me the chance to open my box(es) and look at these great books again. Thanks, Frederic!!

Doug

Paul,

Just wanted you to know those beauties are on their way to you as I type these words. We all owe Frederic a lot of thanks for starting a great thread. Strange Tales are just awesome, undervalued books and this thread brings back some great memories whereby I was able to put together (from purchases, trades, late-night meetings at NJ diners, moments of insanity, etc) the entire Pacific coast run of Strange Tales (every issue from 101 to 168 plus I also had all the Doctor Strange 169-183 issues!!). The final piece was a qualified 8.0 (or 7.5 I think) issue $127 I got from Roter just to complete the run (gorgeous book but it had a piece off the back cover)

When I started Pedigree, I knew I had to pare down and needed the PC doubles for inventory, but I still have about 90% of the PC's and the ones that were sold I had already replaced with a higher graded boston or Northland, etc. Being an FF fanatic, I truly love the pre-Nick Fury issues and cherish this run as much as any other I have.

If Frederic doesn't mind, i'll send him scans of the PC Strange Tales (they are all mostly 9.6 and 9.8 which is mind-boggling) and some other high grade ones to list here. It will give me the chance to open my box(es) and look at these great books again. Thanks, Frederic!!

Doug

Wow Doug... hail.gif WOW!!!! I can't wait to see your PC run of Strange Tales!! I received your email letting me know the books were on their way. Thank you so much. I've heard of your collection and saw a sample of your Fantastic Four and I'm truly humbled and admire the collection from afar. If you want an extra body to help throw up your scans of ST I extend the invitation to send them my way via email at paul.tammy@shaw.ca I'm looking forward to seeing the books so much and I'll flag this thread!!! Can't wait to start dreaming.... cloud9.gifcloud9.gif By the way, I actually bought my first pedigrees of this collection just the other week. Issue 151 & 152 of the Boston pedigree and will have them graded by CGC once I receive them.

Paul