• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

Spiderman has been my favorite character in comics for as long as I've been reading Superheroes. ASM became a major focus when I got back into collecting in '93 - I've got a complete run from issues 2-262 (plus Annuals 1-5 and 9-18), with 100-166 and 219-262 having been bought off the rack.

Here's one of my originals - this story was a stunner when it came out, and many of us who "loved" Gwen were none too pleased:

ASM121front2.jpg

And one with a great Ditko cover, from Harry's original owner Sid's Luncheonette collection:

ASM15.jpg

Spiderman has been my favorite character in comics for as long as I've been reading Superheroes. ASM became a major focus when I got back into collecting in '93 - I've got a complete run from issues 2-262 (plus Annuals 1-5 and 9-18), with 100-166 and 219-262 having been bought off the rack.

Here's one of my originals - this story was a stunner when it came out, and many of us who "loved" Gwen were none too pleased:

ASM121front2.jpg

And one with a great Ditko cover, from Harry's original owner Sid's Luncheonette collection:

ASM15.jpg

hail.gif

That's a beautiful book!!! (121) thumbsup2.gif

Two more of my faves:

A Romita cover that doesn't even need our hero to be great:

ASM72.jpg

And now: Doc Ock! He was the baddest, most feared Spidey villain back in the day:

ASM3.jpg

And I, of course, am focusing solely on ASM's from the Green River Pedigree....which is, admittedly a pretty small niche. But I make headway....slowly.

Here are all the issues I have...... some graded, some not.

asm42big.jpg

ASM51big.jpg

asm53big.jpg

asm54big.jpg

asm56big.jpg

asm57big.jpg

asmann1bbig.jpg

asmann2big.jpg