Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1171628 - 04/20/06 06:45 PM What You Need to Know posts (WYNK posts)
Architecht Administrator Offline

We apologise again for the fault in the moderation. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

It's POSSIBLE that your competitive spirit has displaced your sense of courtesy.

Pedigreed

Loc: Chicago area
We've got a new board up that really deserves a look by ANYONE who hasn't seen it yet. It's an archive spot for the extremely valuable member-generated "What You Need To Know" posts.

Sharing of numismatic knowledge at its best.

WYNK Forum

Edited by Architecht (11/01/07 12:14 PM)
Edit Reason: Fixed broken link
Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius -Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

#1171629 - 04/20/06 09:06 PM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: Architecht]
James_EarlyUS Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: St. Louis, MO
A-HA!

I think you're onto something here!

This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for - a single place where reference-type threads can be placed to be easily found. And I like the point you made about it being alphabetically sortable.

Are you going to move all the WYNK (What You Need to Know) threads there also?

I think it's fantastic!

James

#1171630 - 04/21/06 11:32 AM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: James_EarlyUS]

We apologise again for the fault in the moderation. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

It's POSSIBLE that your competitive spirit has displaced your sense of courtesy.

Pedigreed

Quote:

A-HA!

I think you're onto something here!

This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for - a single place where reference-type threads can be placed to be easily found. And I like the point you made about it being alphabetically sortable.

Are you going to move all the WYNK (What You Need to Know) threads there also?

I think it's fantastic!

James

I think so, yeah. We'll see how it works out. The idea that people seemed to like was to let WYNTK posts have their full run in the main forum here, but after they've fallen way off of the radar, archive them centrally. The glossary forum seems an ok place for that, although it might need a minor re-name.
Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius -Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

#1171631 - 05/25/06 08:52 AM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: Architecht]

Pedigreed

So I changed the name of the glossary board to put more emphasis on the WYNTK archive. How do you pronounce that anyway? Win Tee Kay?

Thoughts?

#1171632 - 05/25/06 09:29 AM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: Architecht]

Pedigreed

Oh maybe we leave the TO out?

WYNK... "wink" posts?

#1171633 - 05/25/06 04:14 PM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: Architecht]
IGWT Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Thanks, Arch.

#1171634 - 05/25/06 06:40 PM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: Architecht]
HaydenTubbs Offline
Cookie Monster
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: FL
Quote:

Oh maybe we leave the TO out?

WYNK... "wink" posts?

Face it Arch,no one gets your humor.

#1171635 - 05/26/06 11:56 PM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: HaydenTubbs]
pendragon1998 Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Mississippi
My two cents - I'd prefer to have two forums - one for the glossary, one for WYNTK posts. Otherwise, the glossary entries would be split from A-W, then WYNTK, then W-Z. Besides, why make us sort through a (hopefully) ever-increasing amount of terms to get to the more meaty WYNTK posts?

Interested in buying PCGS MS69 Silver Britannias.
Have one? Please contact me.

#1171636 - 05/29/06 03:53 AM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: pendragon1998]
CarolinaCollector Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: South Carolina
Great idea.

Thanks, Arch!

Edited by CarolinaCollector (05/29/06 03:54 AM)

#1171637 - 06/06/06 06:03 PM Re: Numismatic Glossary [Re: CarolinaCollector]

Pedigreed

I've gotten some feedback that combining the WYNK posts and the glossary detracts from the WYNK posts. I'm just looking for consensus on the best way to treat these gems. Anyone else feel this way?

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
2014 Gold Kennedys Early Releases $1480 for 70s
by Slayeron
08/26/14 09:28 AM
Foreign silver for sale EDITED
by stldanceartist
08/26/14 12:55 AM
1923 Liberty Head Silver Dollar
by krighton
08/25/14 09:19 PM
Great coins for sale all reasonable offers accepted
by wmfielding
08/25/14 03:04 PM
Comics Marketplace
FS: Amazing Spider-Man #37 CGC 9.2 OWW 1st Norman Osborn
by blue808
Today at 03:53 AM
FANTASTIC FOUR #67 CGC 9.0 (1st appearance of Warlock / HIM) for sale
by dinesh_s
Today at 03:24 AM
Australian variant comics
by Beige
Today at 01:04 AM
Unique Australian vintage drive-in movie posters - R rated films.
by Beige
Today at 12:59 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.011 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.