Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#1168376 - 04/21/06 02:34 PM Re: The Board Search Doctor is IN [Re: EZ_E]
Architecht Administrator Offline

We apologise again for the fault in the moderation. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

It's POSSIBLE that your competitive spirit has displaced your sense of courtesy.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicago area
Quote:

Arch,

I love to see that you can give as well as receive! Funny posts on a serious topic.

An excellent point! You would find that out by opening the search form and putting "give" into the keyword search term box. Go ahead and make sure you've selected to search the subject and the body. Now, go ahead and type in "architecht" in the username box. Change the period of the search to say, 1 year.

Now just to be sure, look on the left and check that "all forums" is what's selected.

There ya go! You have now just received a list of posts where I use the word give...

What you're going to do with that, I have no idea, but there it is.

TA DA!

Arch
Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius -Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

A practical guide to making friends and avoiding moderator action

#1168377 - 04/28/06 09:55 PM Re: The Board Search Doctor is IN [Re: EZ_E]
Silvers24 Offline

Butters
The Boy Wonder

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 'essa TX
So if I wanted to search for Free GA/SA Comic Lots, all I do is type
GA + / + SA + Comic + Lots
And it'll search for this?
Yes, that is most helpful if this is indeed true.

|C|O|M|I|C|S|
mY aNTi dRuG

God isn't the author of Confusion. Know who your enemy is.

#1168378 - 04/30/06 10:51 PM Re: The Board Search Doctor is IN [Re: Silvers24]
Architecht Administrator Offline

We apologise again for the fault in the moderation. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

It's POSSIBLE that your competitive spirit has displaced your sense of courtesy.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicago area
Wwwweeellllll....

No. I wouldn't search that way.

It looks like you've reversed a few things... and I'm not really sure what you're looking for.

First, if you want a search to definitley inlcude a word the plus sign goes BEFORE it, not after, and you wouldn't want to leave a space, so your search:

GA + / + SA + Comic + Lots

Becomes (I'm speculating this is what you were trying to do):

+GA +/ +SA +Comic +Lots

This would indeed find every post that had each of those elements, but you can see that it would be pretty possible to have something like this turn up in your search:

"GA/SA comics are things that I like lots and lots. Cause that's just me."

In the meantime, THIS post would get missed:

"GA/SA Free Comic Lot availabe right now to the first person who PMs me."

Why? Because it says "LOT" not "LOTS"

Oops.

I might try something like this:

+"comic lot" +free

This way, "lots" contains "lot" so by removing the S I'll get both. By putting "comic lot" in quotes, I'll make sure they appear exactly next to each other. I added the free because I assumed that was what you were after, even though it wasn't in your original search. I left off ga/sa because what if it was just GA? Or just SA? We wouldn't want to miss out.

Then I figured... hell... if it's a free comic lot, who cares what it is, right?
Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius -Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

A practical guide to making friends and avoiding moderator action

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Architecht, dena, CCGmod0, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2-migration 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
Comics Marketplace
Advertisements

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.