Page 10 of 11 « First<7891011>
Topic Options
#1139560 - 03/30/06 06:11 PM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: aman619]
Red Hook Offline
Cantankerdetecti witchuntinphotoshopedness

Loc: Paddling up Goon River
Quote:

yes. But wasnt PCS all because Friesen wanted to leave CGC???
Now he's back? Is he happy to be back?

Just when you think youre out - - they PULL you back in!

Try...."boatload of money". CF is vital to the operation and public perception of CGC. He may be the MVP of the staff.

�Every act of dishonesty has at least two victims: the one we think of as the victim, and the perpetrator as well. Each little dishonesty makes another little rotten spot somewhere in the perpetrator's psyche.� - Lesley Conger

#1139561 - 03/30/06 06:59 PM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: Ze-man]
tth2 Offline

"I blame it on the low quality of the newbies that are joining the boards."
--And with one swoop tth2 become the community crotchety old man. Damn kids today.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hong Kong
Quote:

Sadly, I am not sure if it will really diminish as much as I would like. The resub game will continue. CGC cannot detect pressing, nor considers it resto and will normally grade properly pressed books higher upon resubbing.
So people will keep on keepin on.

I agree. The real winner in all of this is Matt Nelson. It's like he's McDonalds and Burger King just announced they're not going to sell hamburgers anymore. Actually, it may not even be a big deal for him, because I'm not sure that much work, including from Heritage, was ever steered towards PCS anyways.

#1139562 - 03/31/06 05:29 AM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: Red Hook]
herc2000 Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Was PCS not making enough money after Jason got banned

#1139563 - 03/31/06 12:29 PM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: herc2000]
Burntboy Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Penna.
Quote:

Was PCS not making enough money after Jason got banned

:

http://www.tvcomics.com/Sids.html

#1139564 - 04/01/06 06:18 AM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: Burntboy]
Red Hook Offline

Found this in the Red Hook archives: Creation date Aug.4, 2005. Glad that's over!!

�Every act of dishonesty has at least two victims: the one we think of as the victim, and the perpetrator as well. Each little dishonesty makes another little rotten spot somewhere in the perpetrator's psyche.� - Lesley Conger

#1139565 - 10/15/06 05:31 PM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: Red Hook]
Red Hook Offline

Well, it's obviously not quite over.....

I bumped this thread to show that amidst a thread where there was a lot of credit and love being thrown their way, CGC (again) ignored several simple inquires regarding Cantile Brevard. I mean, wouldn't this have been the perfect time to introduce us to the guy? This was 7 months ago.......this is what I mean about speculation being fueled by non-answers.

#6155901 - 11/17/12 11:05 AM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: tth2]
Davenport Offline
Pedigreed

Originally Posted By: tth2
 Quote:
Sadly, I am not sure if it will really diminish as much as I would like. The resub game will continue. CGC cannot detect pressing, nor considers it resto and will normally grade properly pressed books higher upon resubbing.
So people will keep on keepin on.

I agree. The real winner in all of this is Matt Nelson. It's like he's McDonalds and Burger King just announced they're not going to sell hamburgers anymore. Actually, it may not even be a big deal for him, because I'm not sure that much work, including from Heritage, was ever steered towards PCS anyways.

If CGC is smart they'll wait until 2012 and just buy Classics Inc.
PCS-in-a-Box, unwrap in Sarasota, saving themselves years of grief.

*psych* meh

#6155924 - 11/17/12 11:23 AM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: Davenport]
gyro-1 Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Alberta
Nice bump thanks \:\)
Invaders TV show photo covers 1967 top grades
Doc Savage 1972 2/7/8 and giant sized in 9.8
Rima 4/6/7 in 9.8

#6155943 - 11/17/12 11:31 AM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: gyro-1]
BlowUpTheMoon Online   offline

Don't let these guys jerk you around. To change your custom title, go to My Stuff, then go to Preferences. You can change your custom title there.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Excellent bump. I meant to go find this thread last night but got sidetracked.

#6155984 - 11/17/12 11:57 AM Re: Comments on the PCS announcement: [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
Davenport Offline
Pedigreed

Originally Posted By: BlowUpTheMoon
Excellent bump. I meant to go find this thread last night but got sidetracked.

I'm really surprised by the uproar thread. Who thought Classics Inc was ever "out"?
The "PCS closing" announcement and Classics' press release were the same day, seemed to be written by the same person. And CGC and Classics were always marketing partners, with Classics the only presser hotlinked from CGC's FAQ page.

Aside from the physical move and signing some paperwork, what will change? \(shrug\)
They all seemed like a "Halperin Family of Fine Businesses" anyway, the way it played out.

Page 10 of 11 « First<7891011>

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH: Blue Beauty 1819 50C Capped Bust Half, PCGS AU55 CAC, Overton-109
by BROADSTRUCK
08:30 AM
Anyone selling junk silver?
by mtnstyne
10:49 PM
WTB: Minstate Brown Indians
by dimefreak
08:58 PM
1807-10C-JR-1-Draped
-Bust-Dime-PCGS/CAC G4

by Nutmeg Coin
07:45 PM
Comics Marketplace
Avengers 93, Cap 113, TEC 404 CGC 8.5
by blue808
Tijuana Bibles - COLLECTION OF EXTREMELY RARE SET OF 9 FROM THE 1930's
by comickat
WALKING DEAD #53 1st App Abraham, Rosita & Eugene ORIGINAL ART ComicLink Auction
by AKA Rick
08:02 PM
Sold and closed Fantasy/Female Art Books Sorayama, Frazetta, Vallejo, Vargas
by jawn
07:47 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum IDW Publishing