• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,337 posts in this topic

Hi there fellow Joe fans. I was inspired by the gentlemen in this copper forum who started the Miracleman and Albedo threads to create a GI JoE thread. I enjoy the way they ACTUALLY converse about the books they love and not argue about everything wrong with the hobby. For some reason, outsiders stay away from these threads with their graemlim wars and their trolling. I know there are a lot of Joe collectors out there due to the fact they almost NEVER come up for sale in 9.8 and that it was the second most popular comic around (after the X-men) for a few years back in the 80's. Feel free to get it going... Ill start by saying #24 was the greatest issue ever (except maybe #19.) JC wherever you are...stay the 893censored-thumb.gif away.

Yes I did. Weve decided to have a bunch of our issues graded. When they come back Ill either post them here or in the guess the grade section.

A #21 in 9.8 would be nice - You've definitely searched hard enough for it! Good luck and let us hear about how the stuff come back!- Keith

#94 - 98 was my favs, I also enjoy #154 and 155.

However being from a small town I remember the hunt to find a #21. It was before ebay and the internet so it was much tougher then today. I had my 2 LCS watching for a copy and finally I got one. It was a beat up well read and abused issue but to me it was like getting an Amazing fantasy 15. Ebay has taken alot of the fun out of collecting, however it do make it more affordable.

Edited by kidcolt

I sold em twice. frown.gif I enjoyed collecting the figures more than the comics. I was the only girl on the block who would play with the boys and their Joes and Transformers. My favorites were from the 1984 set. Baroness,Blowtorch,Spirit,Zartan,StormShadow,Duke, etc.. I had some of them on the card and I sold them for good money 3 years ago. I want to buy a graded Storm Shadow one day! cloud9.gif