• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the best comic you have ever read?
1 1

233 posts in this topic

Well that would be ASM 121 and 122 as a 9 year old.

Nothing else could come close to "exciting" if exciting includes anger.

That really pizzed me off when in 122 she really died.

I mean I and 99.99% of every other ASM reader was sure Gwen didn't realy die in 121 and would "wake-up" in 122, but she didn't. frown.gif

As a kid, New Mutants Special Edition #1. That's probably the first single issue I remember knocking my socks off (10-year old socks mind you).

I've read so many since, I really can't pick just one as a favorite. I'm sure many are objectively better than NMSE #1, but for nostalgia resons I'll stick with that.

Edited by jfh

It's cool that there is such a wide variation of "best" comics! I was expecting one issue to really stand out (Mind you not too many people have commented yet)

All of these books are added to my "reader copy" to buy list shy.gif

Q: What's the best comic you have ever read?

A: 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Probably Marvel Milestones that came out earlier this year. It had reprints of FF Annual #2 (origin of Doom), GA Sub-mariner #1, and GA Captain America #1.

If I had to pick one single issue, it would probably be ASM #1. Two classic stories in that issue (Spider-man vs FF and Spider-man vs Chameleon).