• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Yeah Bro...I had a really nice war haul from El Toro Rojo off the boards. Added up pretty damn fast. lol:tonofbricks:

null_zpsc2ef8098.jpg[/img]

null_zps5ae9cbcf.jpg[/img]

null_zps2fb071af.jpg[/img]

null_zps5899652a.jpg[/img]

...... I saw that..... smart buys in my opinion. I snagged that War Adventures 12 from him...... one of my favorite war covers..... I'd LOVE to find a VF of that one.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... I saw that..... smart buys in my opinion. I snagged that War Adventures 12 from him...... one of my favorite war covers..... I'd LOVE to find a VF of that one.... GOD BLESS....

Glad these went to good homes! *sniff*

Glad these went to good homes! *sniff*

....... I'd like to see the ones you DIDN'T sell :baiting: ....and here's hoping you'll soon find the RIGHT gal for you.... breakups suck. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friendf of jesus) (thumbs u

I know we all love Kubert round these parts. I've picked up some of his Tales of the Green Berets newspaper strips - as always, great artwork from the master.

Tales of the Green Berets 1966:

T2eC16N8E9s4l6cIBRq6Qo4rrQ60_57.jpg

T2eC16VEE9s2ugjY5BRq6pesne60_57.jpg

Not super high grade, and not worth much - but you gotta admit, that's a nice cover.

RAD03BAE2013613_125437.jpg

Not to mention killer Drucker story on the inside. That is what a war comic SHOULD be: åss-kickin' Grandenetti frogman and ultra-cool Drucker. Love this book. That's a VERY respectable copy!

Edited by Comick1

Just curious if you guys can help me out, I am looking for a copy of

All American Men of War #89, I have to see any on feebay or at conventions. Is this a super rare book?

I'm not sure that AAMOW 89 is any scarcer than the issues around it. They're all tough in high grade, but I don't have any stats or even an impression about relative scarcity for that issue. When I'm combing the bins in SD, I'll keep any eye out. If I see one, I'll let you know.

Mick

We're holding the war comics summit again this year on Thursday, July 18 (first full day of Comic-Con) at Filippi's Pizza Grotto from 7:45-9:45 as usual.

Special guest is Russ Heath. Get ready for the one-liners!

$20.00 gets you all you can eat from the normal menu. Alcoholic bevs are cash-bar (your own tab).

We're doing stuff just like we always do.

We're holding an auction as usual this year, but because one of the donations we got is NOT war comics themed, I've decided to upload it to Ebay. It's a Joker pencil/ink sketch from Neal Adams. If you want to see the sketch and bid on it, all of the proceeds go toward the banquet and help to underwrite guests this year and in the future. Click on my handle: comick1 and click "View posts." You'll see a post I've made in the "Comics Market--Advertising" section. That'll give more details. This is definitely going to a good cause.

We do have some other artwork lined up from Sam Glanzman and Russ Heath. I'll keep you guys posted as we get others. I often spend part of Thursday scrounging up other items at the show.

Gimme a shout to lemme know whether you can make it so that I know how many to plan for.

Edited by Comick1