• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question About Production Flaws In Comics

5 posts in this topic

I have a massive Comic collection(something like 90 Boxes), Mostly all Silver age

and I just noticed something quite odd...

In almost all of My Marvel Comics(Spider-Man,Hulk,Iron Man,Avengers,X-Men and FF) Alot of my Comics have 4 small holes at the bottom of the interior pages, I've looked online and from what I understand they are called "Gripper Pinholes" and are a production flaw and are extremely common.

but what I can't find is if it effects the grade and value.

does anyone know about this, do you know if Comics with Production Flaws and Specifically "Gripper Pinholes", does it effect the grade and value of the book

thanks so much

thanks for the reply and the threads ....

So basically from what I've gathered based on the threads you provided...

The Gripper Pinholes dont usually effect the grade except for like when it gets to 9.6 or 9.8?

basically If You have a Fine or Very Fine Book, The Gripper Pinholes aren't going to effect the grade of the book?

thanks again

Here's a thread discussing the gripper holes with examples.

There's also a longer thread here with most of the examples missing, about three quarters of the way through that thread there is a bit of discussion.

Welcome to the boards!!!

:whee:

I'm glad someone thought to ask this question and that old thread was shared. I have an ASM 361 that has a "gripper hole" and it sounds like CGC doesn't knock much/any of the grade for them... and that there are many like mine out there. Will probably submit it now. Thanks!