• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Sci-fi covers with Aliens
1 1

132 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I own zero golden/silver age sci-fi books, but I was looking into possibly starting a collection. I find it interesting after the 1947 Roswell incident how infatuated and xenophobic (fearing) we became as a society regarding aliens. I really like how it reflects our culture at the time. I am not aware of that many titles during the 40s/50/s60s so please share what you think would be either some of your favorite alien covers or great places for me to start looking.

Let's try to keep lots of pictures in the thread.

1059019.jpg

Strange how similar he got with these two.

1059007.jpg

2e4143750148725e52fb62c5e77a224c_xl.jpg

746351.jpg

One of my favorite post-war Schomburg covers! Definitely sci-fi themed.

Pre-Roswell aliens, Cap/Bucky, Torch/Toro, ...this'n has it all! :insane:

284aec41-449e-4581-9eef-6800b31c8448_zps87y7gocp.jpg

Is that Schomburg's first post-WW II cover? Kind of interesting that he made a seamless transition from German and Japanese soldiers to aliens. The approach is very similar to many of his WW II covers.

Of course Bucky doesn't care whether it's Germans, Japanese, hillbillies, cultists, gangsters, or aliens; he's easily captured by any of them. :D

Hello all,

I own zero golden/silver age sci-fi books, but I was looking into possibly starting a collection. I find it interesting after the 1947 Roswell incident how infatuated and xenophobic (fearing) we became as a society regarding aliens. I really like how it reflects our culture at the time. I am not aware of that many titles during the 40s/50/s60s so please share what you think would be either some of your favorite alien covers or great places for me to start looking.

Let's try to keep lots of pictures in the thread.

1059019.jpg

Strange how similar he got with these two.

1059007.jpg

2e4143750148725e52fb62c5e77a224c_xl.jpg

746351.jpg

You have just opened up Pandora's box on this one! Every genre even humor books and funny animals feature aliens. You can just start with almost any EC sci fi title alone. Welcome to the boards and buy your self some GA. You will never look back.