• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

Since I'm not at SDCC (or CCI, or whatever it's called) I decided to pull the trigger and fill some holes in runs that I've been looking at for a while. All of which don't show up all that often, so I settled for 3.0 - 4.0 copies on some.

First up: Top Love Stories #8. Listed at 3.0, but I've always wanted this cover. Love the martini!

LB_Cole_TopLove8.jpg

Next up, Top Love Stories #9! Gotta love the tag line, "My Sinful Deed!!"

LB_Cole_TopLove9.jpg

And finally, the only copy of this one I've ever seen for sale - School Day Romances #3. "Oh Nerts!"

LB_Cole_SchoolDay3.jpg

Love the rare purple background color cover! I had never heard of Scotty Beckett, so I looked him up. Sad story actually! Child actor who got really messed up and killed himself!

And finally, the only copy of this one I've ever seen for sale - School Day Romances #3. "Oh Nerts!"

LB_Cole_SchoolDay3.jpg

Yes very very difficult to find. I finally had to pull the trigger on a Superior copy. Notice the change in title.

PopTeenAgers03f100_zps8622a975-1.jpg

Finally! Don't ya love it when you finally win a book you've been missing out on forever? Makes it all worthwhile after all the books that slip through your fingers! I've now got a nice copy of BLUE BOLT WEIRD TALES #114 en route!

$T2eC16ZHJG8FGsf)!rLrBR8DevRj8!~~60_57.JPG

Other than that 1 ding on the spine and the LRC it looks pretty good!

Has anyone started a SHARK cover? Or a killer SEA ANIMAL cover? I can participate in one of those now! :whee:

Here's one I picked up fairly recently: Horrors #12...for the life of me, I can't find his signature on the cover. Interesting, because he did all of the other Horrors covers as well (11, 13, 14 & 15), and all of those are signed...wonder why he left the 12 unsigned?

horrors12_f_zpscfdc544d.jpg

Nice pickup! I've been tempted by that cover a few times recently. The sig could be a Suspense #4 scenario where it was just cut off. Good pickup on that issue as I hadn't noticed that it was missing.